Part 2

“Hey Sam. Can you go and get girl stuff?” Luke called for me from across the room. 

“What do you mean? Like a freaking Tampon to shove up your nose?” I ask laughing. 

“No,” Luke continues smiling, “Vince’s Dad stuck him with a human girl. Told him it was a birthday present and walked off. He needs you and Mary Ann to help with cloths and girl stuff. Here take my card, and Vince says to take his car.” Luke handed me his credit card and waved for Mary Ann to come over. 

“Seriously? He just dumped and left? How’s the girl doing?” I asked concerned. I mean I had had slaves before, I knew that they were mostly all like beat dogs that cowered every time you so much as looked at them. 

“She’s ok right now. But what she came in isn’t exactly fit for comfort. My guess is they tried using her. Vince said that her old master was Fredric.” I saw Luke’s jaw tighten. We all knew who he was. And the kind of vampire he was. Not to mention we all hated him. 

“Ok. Well tell Vince I’m taking his Charger.” I said smiling trying to lighten the mood. 

That’s when Mary Ann got to us. Luke filled her in while I made a mental list of everything a human girl would need. First I had to see what bra size she was. I knew Vince wouldn’t think of a thing like that. Luke told me that she looked like a size extra small." That didn’t mean she was. 

“Oh my god.” Mary Ann said appalled. 

“So what exactly do you need us to get?” I asked Luke for maybe the third time. 

“I don’t know. Vince just said clothes and girl stuff. That’s a whole new language for me, you know that Sam.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Fine. Well do this the hard way. Come on Mary Ann.” I went to leave to find Vince. We would need to talk to the girl before we left and get a few measurements.

“He took her upstairs. His room.” He told us as we left.

“You can go hunting for the clothes and shoes and stuff. Just try to remember she has probably been bare foot most of her life and wont know how to walk in heals.” I reminded Mary Ann.

“You’re right. The poor girl.” Mary Ann shook her head as if never knowing how to walk in heals was a travesty.

How to describe Mary Ann, there’s just one way. She’s just five foot four of nothing but understanding and sass. Her mother was part African. She didn’t even know her father. She was turned about thirty years ago. She looked to be about twenty five. She was one of my best friends. Her dark eyes could kill or heal. Not to mention she was one of the biggest fashion experts I have ever known. 

I on the other hand I was dressed in my black skinny jeans and a band t. Complete with converse thank you very much. I stood only an inch taller than her and had had green eyes before I was turned. Now they shifted color with my mood, like all vampires. My long brown hair had lost its frizz after I was changed. I used to be a slave. Then Luke found me. He changed me after rescuing me from a hell hole near London. That was about 1915. I was 28 then. 

Finally we reached Vince’s room. I knocked on the door wile Mary Ann tapped her designer heals on the marble floor. 

“Vince. It’s us. We need to talk to her before we can get her stuff.” I yelled through the door.

The door opened and we walked in to see a girl with my old eye color and a similar face. She was only about five foot five  and very thin.

“Wow. You could be my little sister.” I spoke before thinking. 

Mary Ann smiled at me. Vince looked at me like I had just spoke Greek.

“What? She could be.” I told Vince. 

“What’s your name honey?” Mary Ann asked the girl.

She looked at Vince first as if asking permission. When he nodded she answered.

“My name is, Angel.” She told us.  

“That’s a beautiful name.” That’s when Mary Ann went into full mother hen mode. She practically shoved Vince off his own bed while sitting next to Angel. By the time Mary Ann was done measuring and checking her real sizes, we had everything we needed.  

“Ok then. We’re going to take off and go get you stuff.” I told Angel. She was looking a little less skittish than when I first walked in, she even smiled slightly at Mary Ann telling her that she was the first human that she had met with natural hair highlights. 

I walked out of the room with Mary Ann and Luke. Leaving Vince to his new girl. 

“I heard that.” Vince called after me. Damn mind reader. 

“Then you will know I hate you!” I called back to him.

“No you don’t!” He replied laughing.

Luke elbowed me, yes it was all so funny. 

“Come on Sam. Lets go shopping.” Marry Ann was pulling my hand and getting impatient.

We both flitted to the garage and took a set of keys. 

“I call the Jag!” Mary Ann said excitedly. 

“Fine by me.” I told her as I crawled into the Charger. 

We both pulled out and raced down the winding driveway. Then each went our own way after we hit the high way.