Part 10

~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm super sorry I haven't updated in so long. There has been a lot of crazyness going on. But enough excuses, lets just go ahead and get on with the story. :) 

================================================================================

Angels POV

Two weeks disappear quicker than sand in the wind. It was already the night before the wedding and I was sitting on my bed, with Max laying on my feet, reading a book when Sam and Mary Ann burst through my door.
"Get up and get dressed! We have places to go and things to do!" Mary Ann said excitedly.
"Next time please knock, I almost bit you." Max said to her calmly as he laid his head back on my feet.
Max and I had become very good friends, so much so that I had started sneaking him extra food from the kitchen. At first he told me that he didn't need any extra food, and that he was very well fed. But after a few times of sneaking sausages into my room he broke down and decided that one or two bites extra wouldn't hurt. 

It made me laugh how tough he tried to act around everyone, when in reality he was just a big push over. Not that I had any doubt that he would protect me, I had heard him growl a couple times in the middle of the night when he had heard something outside. I would hate to have him mad at me. 

"What are we doing?" I asked Mary Ann and Sam, stumbling around trying to put pants on and my shoes at the same time. 
"Oh, not much, just going out to eat and then hitting a few clubs." Mary Ann said offhandedly. My expression must of been along the lines of fear because Sam immediately hit Mary Ann on the shoulder.
"Joking! Joking. We're just doing some bridal shopping for the wedding tomorrow. Like your outfits for the honeymoon." Mary Ann picked up my jacket off the floor and handed it to me.

"She isn't going anywhere without me." I heard Max say as he got off the bed and sat next to me as I finished pulling myself together.

"We thought about that, and," Sam pulled out an orange and black dog vest. "I had this made for Max yesterday." I looked at the side and read the print.

"You really think that people are going to believe that he's a service dog?" I asked Sam.
"I'm not a dog." Max grumbled beside me and sat down.
"I know that but, that's what the vest says." I told him softly.
"I know what it says, I can read just fine. I just have issues with some colors." He snorted slightly and I could swear he was pouting. 

"Would you two stop bickering like an old married couple and come on. Angel, we're vampires, we can make Max look like a Golden retriever to other humans. It's called influencing minds." Sam said while pushing me out the door of my room. 

I could already tell today was going to be very interesting, if not very crazy. But I was getting used to the crazy, and all that came with it.

================================================================================

Angels POV

"We have been in this store for three hours." Max complained as he laid next to the dressing room door. 
"I know, but we are almost done. Mary Ann and Sam just want to make this as special as possible." I spoke to the large wolf laying on his side. He looked so board and I couldn't blame him. Even I was reaching the end of my rope with all this shopping.

"Angel!" I heard Mary Ann yell for me. No doubt she found another dress for me to try on. I swear if that girl could have me as a life size doll she would.
"What is it Mary Ann?" I asked tiredly.
"Come here and get behind me. I think I just saw some of Fredric's goons walk by looking for us." She said calmly as she pushed me behind her. Max was already padding his way over to us and sitting beside me as Sam casually made her way to a red jacket that was on a rack behind me and Mary Ann. 
"Who uses the word goons anymore though?" She said to Mary Ann snickering a little to herself as she browsed through the rack.
"Its as good a description as any. Either way it explains the need for Angel to stay close." Mary Ann retorted feigning hurt feelings. 

"So what are we going to do?" I asked peaking over Mary Ann's shoulder. I saw a couple of obvious vampires sitting on the bench across the food court. 
"We are going to walk out and ignore them. While not ignoring them. And then go home." Mary Ann said to me while she pulled out a little blue mini dress. 
"I think I'll get this for you Angel, you look so good in blue." She smiled at the dress and walked away at the same time as Sam moved and stood in front of me. These girls had a system and I obviously wasn't in on the movement patterns. 

"Don't worry Angel, I wont let anything happen to you." Max leaned against my leg and I absentmindedly played with his ear. I was worried, but not about me. I was worried about something bad happening and one of my friends getting hurt. I know it was silly of me, but I loved my friends. 

"Okay, lets go ladies and wolf, we have to slip out before they can notice that they have slipped up." Mary Ann giggled slightly at her own joke.
"Oh very funny. Lets go Angel, before she kills us with her horrible jokes." Sam linked arms with me and we all walked out the front door.

"Why is no one noticing us?" I asked Sam in a low voice.
"Mary Ann and I are blanketing us all in a sort of blanket of unknowing. Basically we are using our minds to cloud everybody else." Sam turned left and headed for the door.

"They haven't followed us yet." Mary Ann said. Her and Max were following me so close I felt like I was in a group hug.
"Once we get to the car we'll be home free." Same said to me. 

Once we got out of the mall Sam picked me up and then everybody was running to the car. I could tell they were worried, even if they tried not to show it. 

================================================================================

Vincent's POV

"What?" Sam had just told me about what had happened at the mall. I went over to Angel and held her in my arms.
"Are you alright?" I asked her. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You should have seen them all surrounding me like body guards."She said to me smiling like nothing was wrong.

"No one is going to hurt you." I told her and kissed her forehead.

"Okay okay, enough. We have to separate you two till tomorrow." Mary Ann was pushing Vincent away and Sam was pulling me toward the game room.

I had almost forgot about the wedding what with all the commotion going on. Suddenly I was more terrified about all the people staring at me more than the threat of death.