Part 15

Vincent's  POV

After the announcement of the newest fledgling to the family, the whole house was in a whirl wind of excitement over Angel.

Mary Ann was already planning a ball for her, and since our marriage she was now considered Princess Angel. Angel didn't like it, she said it sounded like one of the bratty vampire girls who used to torture her when she was still a slave.

"It's only a title my dearest. You don't have to make people use it if you don't want to. Although they will still need to give you the same amount of respect." I was playing with her long hair as she was looking over dress sketches that Mary Ann was making her choose from.

"Why do we have to have this party anyway? It's not like I'm important to the welfare of the country or anything." She murmured, mostly to herself. She was having another of her days where she didn't view herself as significant.

"You matter to all of us. There is not a single person in this house that you have not shown kindness too and as such, we all wish to celebrate you making the change into immortality." I said a bit sternly to her. Sometimes she needed reminding of her place in life, she was extremely needed by not only me but the entire family that we had made for ourselves. 

"I suppose." She mumbled.

"Angel, do we have to have that talk again?" I said with the same stern voice I had used before.

"No, I understand that you and everybody think I'm special,but it's not my fault that I still am not used to being treated like I am." She turned to me and brushed her fingers across my cheek. 

I would kill for this woman.

Maybe I should kill all the vampires that had ever owned her.

No, I can't do that without just cause.

"But she could."  my mind whispered to me.

"Angel, I want to ask you something a little savage sounding." I started.

"Alright." She replied with a quizzical brow.

"If you could kill all the vampires that had ever owned you, would you?" I asked in one breath. Honestly I was a little curious her true answer. In my head she was all sweetness and light, but now that she was a vampire perhaps she had a bit of a bloodthirsty side to her.

She paused for a moment, thinking things through no doubt. Then took my hand in hers as if to give herself courage to answer.

"I'm not sure, I used to want them dead, and part of me still does. But another part of me just wants to forget everything and pretend like it never happened. Is that wrong?" She asked looking at me with her blue eyes so full of concern that it broke my heart.

"No, it's not wrong," I paused and she seemed content with my answer. "Would you hate me if I wanted to?" I asked her. I knew my own dark thoughts, and they were far from kind. I would gladly slaughter everyone who had ever touched her, or spoke to her in an unkind way.

She looked at me again, this time with surprise in her face, as if she had never thought of me as someone who could have the urge to harm another.

"Why would you want to?" She seemed confused for some reason.

"Because they hurt you." I said flatly, although I could almost feel my eyes turning red slightly.

She looked up and noticed them, and then proceeded to kiss me without warning.

After she broke the kiss she noticed my surprise. She never initiated kisses usually.

"You were upset." She replied to my shock.

We sat there in silence for a little while with her going back to looking at the dresses.

But after a few minutes she spoke again.

"I don't want you to soil your hands with those that are a part of my past. I am happy with you here, now. That is all that matters to me." She hadn't even looked up from the page that she had flipped.

"Alright." I kissed her cheek and then went to fetch Mary Ann to ask her about this grand ball of hers.

==================================================================

Luke's POV

Everyone had someone now. Which left me alone in the game room.

Technically Mary Ann was still single, but she had enough men following after her like lost puppies it was hard for her to be lonely.

I know it was wrong of me to feel jealous but damn it all. When you're the last person in the friend group to find some kind of connection. 

Not that I could really talk openly about my preferences of said connection. It wasn't the type of conversation that the vampire community had. It was considered, abnormal.

"Hello Luke." Sam had walked in and literally flopped down onto the couch next to me.

"Hey Sam. How's the dates going with Gabe?" I asked her with a hint of envy slipping through before I could catch it. 

"You know I told you Mary Ann would gladly find you a nice girl to spend time with. You're the one that keeps telling her no." She picked up a controller and pressed player two.

"I know. She just never found someone who's my type." I shrugged it off and hoped the subject would drop.

"Your type? She found ten different girls, all very different by the way, who would be happy to spend time with you." Sam continued.

I felt myself sigh, I guess this wasn't done.

"I know." I replied flatly.

"I mean I never even see you dance with anyone at the parties she plans, you always just lean against the wall and brood like you're freaking Lord Dracula or something." Sam was on a rant now. And with the way I was feeling this whole thing wasn't going to end well.

"Can we just drop it please?" I asked her.

She turned and looked at me for a moment with confusion and then suddenly realization hit her.

"You're gay!" 

"What!?" 

Everyone was at the door. 

Great.