Part 6

Angels P.O.V.

I didn't get to talk to Luke, at least not right away. When I got down stairs I almost ran into someone who I had never seen before. His light blond hair, his tan skin, and his almost silver blue eyes were so intense I was caught off guard. I stood there with my mouth hanging open for a second until he broke the silence.

"Hello? Are you okay?" He was talking. I should answer.
"Huh... Hi. Um.. Hi, ya, hello." I held my hand out and he took it for the traditional handshake.
"Are you one of the blood donors?" He asked almost as if he was commenting on the weather.
"One of the what?" I took my hand out of his and felt the shock of his looks disappear.

"The blood donors." His brow furrowed and he seemed to notice my irritation. 
"No, I'm not. We don't have those here." I said flatly then moved around him. In the months that I've lived here I had only seen them drink bagged blood.

I walked into the kitchen to find Mary Ann eating an omelet with some toast. 
"Good morning Angel. Did you sleep well?" She was smiling and then stopped as soon as the strange guy walked in. 
"Nathan, what are you doing here?" She was scowling at him, and it was the first time I had ever seen her not happy at someone. 

"Looking for Sam. Have you seen her?" He asked, stepping up next to me.
"Not that I would tell you if I had, but no. Why are you here? You're pack finally throw you out?" Mary Ann got up and pulled me near her to sit next to her and away from him. 
"Alright then. Later." He sighed and left. Mary Ann pushed her plate away from her and rubbed her temples. 

"That boy irritates me so much." She made an exasperated noise and pushed her omelet over to me. All she had eaten was the toast. 

"So, who is he?" I asked taking a bite of the food. Obviously he was a werewolf but weren't vampires and werewolves suppose to be mortal enemies?

"Him and Sam are an on again off again kinda thing." She said sounding tired.
"They're a couple?" I asked curious.
"Not exactly. He shows up, she gets hurt. Stupid werewolf." She got up and put her glass in the sink. 

"I thought vampires and werewolves hated each other?" I was sitting watching her pace.
"Some still do, but mostly that's just politics and old racism," She waved her hand dismissively. "I need to find out how to keep Sam away from him. Want to help?" She turned and looked at me.
"Ya, of course." I didn't want Sam hurt did I? She was my family now.

================================================================================
Vincent's P.O.V.

I was in the library when Sam showed up in a rage.
"Who let that mutt into our house!?" 
"What?" I hadn't seen her this mad since...

"Nathan! Why is he here?" She was getting closer and more pissed.

"I have no idea. I didn't tell him to come here, so it must have been someone else." I said defensively. 

She was practically shaking with rage and her eyes were blood red.

"I'm sorry Sam. Do you want me to make him leave?" I asked, slightly afraid of her. I had never seen her this angry before. But then again, this was Nathan we were walking about. This man could make Gandhi angry.

Sam seemed to sense my worry and she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 
"I'm sorry, and no you don't have to, him and Luke will want to spend time together. He just is so, infuriating you know?" She opened her eyes and looked at me, her eyes a sad blue now, as if she was tired of feeling.

"I know, but you can always avoid him, I mean this place isn't small." I chuckled to myself thinking about all the hidden rooms in this place. 
"True, but knowing him he'll find a way to annoy me one way or another." Sam walked over and flopped onto the big leather sofa that I had piled some books on, and as she flopped they fell. I walked over to pick them up and then sit next to her.