Part 13

*Vincent's POV*

It was a wild gnashing of tooth and claw, between vampires and wolves the battle was enormous. However, my side was winning, and I planned to keep it that way. My wife was in there, and I would be damned if some low life scum suckers were going to stand in my way.

Dodging one wolf as he lunged, I noticed Mary Ann taking out at least ten men single handedly. I made a mental note never to make her angry, and turned my attention to Luke.

"I'm going in to find Angel!" I yelled across the battle field.

"I'm right behind you!" Came the reply, but it wasn't from Luke, it was from Sam.

We made our way into the dungeon looking structure, and noted right away that we couldn't pick up Angels scent.
That must mean they have her either in a basement or somewhere under the earth.

There was a lot of confusion on exactly what happened on the battlefield behind us. But there was a lot of blood and flying body parts, followed by my brother coming from behind us and then passing us.
"Fredric is mine." He growled.

"Fine, but I get whoever's in the way." Sam returned his snarl with one of her own.
Looking back on the few months that Angel had been living with us, it was amazing how one human girl could bring out this side of these vampires.

Then again, it wasn't very surprising after all, especially since I was ready to kill any number of vampires, humans or anyone really, just to rescue the one I loved.
Did that make me a monster? Or a man? 

"Once I take out Fredric, you too will be free to get Angel out of here. Maybe with him dead I'll finally be rid of the disgrace." Gabriel said, with such determination on his face. Ever since our brother was murdered, he couldn't take on the mantle of our families name. Hence me being next in line for the throne.

"Fine, Sam let's go." Splitting up wasn't the best option but I knew my brother could handle himself. Besides, Same and I had work to do.

================================================================================

*Gabriel's POV*

I found the monster in his study, and even after I ripped his doors off their hinges he still remained sitting and sipping his tea. 

"Ah, there you are Gabe, I was hoping you would come." Fredric set down his tea cup and walked around his desk to a box. "Cigar my friend?" He asked smiling.

"You were never my friend, even when I thought you were." I took a step toward him and he instinctively stepped back. That was the first time I had seen him retreat.

"If the little girl is that important to you then you can have her back. However, I want something from you first." he smiled that smug smile he always wore when he wanted something. 

"You are getting nothing from me, or anyone of my family. And you are going to die in about just one minute." I took another step forward and the smile disappeared from his face.

"Oh Fredric, you were just a little boy walking around in his fathers shoes. Tripping and falling everywhere, always making a mess wherever you went." It was my turn to smile. I could smell his fear, he never expected me to actually kill him. He was expecting formality, just like when he killed my brother. He had hid behind law and rules then. Now he couldn't even if he wanted to, and that was his mistake. 

He shook in terror and I took that moment to make my final move, my speed making me become unseen.

*This part of the story is censored due to gruesome content.*

================================================================================

*Angels POV*

I heard a loud crash come from somewhere, followed by yelling and some screaming coming from the guards. There was snarling coming from the same direction, and a loud growl that sounded worse than any wolf.