Part 11

Gabriel's POV

I watched my brother stand by the minister, taking his place and waiting for the start of the wedding.

Vampires aren't religious, but if you're going to have a wedding then you better do it properly.

The wedding was really more for Angel than any of us. Well, maybe Angel and Mary Ann.
Vampire weddings are vastly different than human ones. Involving a lot of neck biting and a full moon. I looked at my little brother and smirked at the ridiculous grin spreading across his face. The music had started, and so did the wedding.
Sam and Mary Ann looked beautiful, and I mentally chided myself for noticing the way Sam's hair fell in a swirl of chocolate brown past her shoulders. Of course the brides maid dresses had to be a dark plum and strapless. The color bringing out Sam's eyes and skin tone, making her look like a glowing goddess. 

I pushed the thoughts from me, hoping my brother had not been listening in, and looked at Angel as her and Luke walked down the isle. 
My brother would be very happy indeed. She was a sight. Mary Ann was very good at finding things that made Angel look more vampire than human in appearance. Which was about the highest complement you could give in our society.

As the wedding can to a close, and the reception was in full swing, I felt a presence. 
Wandering outside I noticed Fredric lounging against a tree.
"Good evening, or should I just say congratulations." He spoke without taking his eyes off of the sky.
"Thank you. Now if you don't mind, since you weren't invited, by anyone, would you please leave." I spoke calmly. God I hated this thing in vampire skin standing in front of me.
"The bride looks lovely," he continued, ignoring my words. "Almost good enough to eat." Fredric turned to me and gave the most evil sadistic grin he could produce.
"Fredric," I paused, trying to sound as bored as earthly possible. "Now you know as well as I that if you were to harm her, or god forbid kill her, then my brother would seek revenge, forcing my hand to start a war between your family and mine. And to be honest I really don't have time for the extra paperwork." I looked at him with a blank face and flicked a little origami swan from the table setting at him.
"There, now you can say you've been to a wedding. If you don't mind I have a dance with the bride next." The look on his face when I walked away was priceless. It was worth the threat of war just to finally see him off his game.
====================================
Angels POV

Everything was beautiful, and I couldn't stop smiling at Vincent. I loved him so much it almost hurt from my heart wanting to burst out of my chest with happiness.
"Can I cut in?" Gabe's voice cut through my little haze as he gracefully slid in to place for his dance with me.
"Hello dear." His voice was low and had a hint of sadness in it. Not that he would let it show on his face. But I had become used to listening for the small inflections that allowed me to know what mood he was in.
"Hello Gabe. Did a business deal fall through?"
I asked as offhandedly as I could.
"What?" Surprise, just slightly for a moment, shown on his face.
"You always sound sad when something unpleasant happens." I studied his face. My new brother in law.
"Everything is fine. I promise. Just do me a favor and don't go anywhere alone tonight?" Gabe looked at me with his brows furrowed in concern. It was the first time I'd seen such an emotion from him. Or any emotion for that matter.
"It's my wedding night. Alone is kind of impossible." I smirked at him.
"Good, I want to make sure my new little sister is as safe as possible. There are many evil creatures that lurk in the shadows." An actual genuine smile, but not just any smile, one full of care and affection spread across his face after a moment.
"Thank you Gabe. I won't let you down." I gave his hand a little squeeze before he passed me back to Vincent.
====================================
Vincent POV

I woke up from my day sleep to a sleeping Angel curled up next to me. I proper my head on my hand and played with a strand of her hair. Lazily she rolled over and opened her eyes and smiled at me. We hadn't officially consummated the marriage yet.
Partly because we were both so tired from the wedding and the flight to our honey moon location, my brother let us use his vacation house in the mountains, and partly because, I didn't want to scare her. I had a feeling since her last owner had attempted to rape her, that she was very happy to just sleep next to me. Not that I wouldn't love to show her how tender and how loving it could be. That I would be as gentle as possible, and give her all the worlds pleasure. But I loved her too much to push her into anything she wasn't ready for. I would wait for her, I had no problem moving at her pace.
"Good morning my husband." Her voice was husky and filled with sleep. God she was sexy as hell.
"Good morning my wife." I smiled at her and pulled her close to me, kissing her deeply and letting my hands wander down to the small of her back, all the while enjoying the quickening of her pulse.
I Hearn a little sound of contentment come from her throat as she wrapped her arms around me. Pulling alway from her was difficult but necessary.
"So, what shall we do today?"