Class Reunion

This headcannon takes place before TRR.

Will and Alyss walked through the woods as the sun was setting.
"So, where is this watering hole?" Alyss asked.
"Close," Will promised with a smile.
It was a beautiful summer night. Crickets and other night creatures added their songs to the wind.
"Why is it that only you and Horace know of this place?" Alyss complained, with a smile.
Will slipped his hand into hers.
"You remember when we were kids, and Horace chased me into the woods one afternoon?"
Alyss chuckled. "Of course. You used your natural stealth skills to steal his pink boxers and you hung them on the highest tree limb outside the ward."
Will smiled proudly. "Yes!"
"And then you came back with a sprained ankle and a bloody nose."
Will lowered his head. "Yes..."
"And then the next day, Horace stole your-"
"Yes, okay!" Will hastily added. Alyss laughed.
"Oh I'm only teasing, Will. Finish your story."
"As I was saying, this spot is where he chased me. That's why we thought it would make a good spot for this night. Add to the memories, you know?"
Alyss smiled again.
They walked several more minutes in silence until finally, they burst into a clearing. It was beautiful. A clear pond was filled with a trickling waterfall to their left. To the right were logs, sat around a camp fire in a circle. Horace, Jenny, and George already sat, roasting marshmallows.
"You and Horace sat all this up?" Alyss gasped. Will laughed.
"You don't have to act so surprised!" He exclaimed.
"It's... It's beautiful!"
Will kissed her softly on the cheek.
"I'm glad you like it, my love."
"Hey!" Horace yelled. Jenny and George snickered. "You two lovebirds mind? We're trying to have a nice class reunion here!"
Will chuckled as he led Alyss over to their seats.
"You're only jealous because Cassandra refused to come with you, since she wasn't in our class at the ward." Will teased. Horace frowned and stuffed a smore in his face. The others laughed.
Will sat, enjoying himself. It had been so long since the five friends had been able to put off all their own duties and worries and just spend time together. It was nice. It was relaxing.
And he was happy. Very happy.