Long Lost Love Pt2

Courtesy of @Kait_L ❤️❤️(I love when you guys comment with suggestions!) this is a continual of the first story on this book, Long Lost Love.

"Will?" Maddie's voice from behind them pierced through Will's foggy mind.

He turned, cautiously keeping Alyss' hand firmly in his own. Maddie was staring, her bow hanging loosely from her hands.

Vaguely, Will remembered that Maddie had never seen Alyss. She had been told about the woman but the accident had happened before Maddie's ability to remember much about the woman herself.

"Maddie," Will said. His voice was so thick with emotion, he wasn't even sure if his words were understandable.

Still, he heard a gasp beside him and quickly turned, fearing the worst. As it was, Alyss was covering her mouth with her free hand.

"Maddie..." she breathed. Will couldn't help but stare at his wife once more. He had dreamed of this moment for years.

"Madelyn?" Alyss asked incredulously. "Madelyn Altman?"

"Y-yes..." Maddie said slowly. "Who...are you?"

"I...it's...it's Alyss."

Will watched as Maddie dropped her bow and gasped. He felt a wide grin spreading over his face.

"Alyss," he whispered, turning back to look at the woman. He took in her blonde hair and grey eyes. Her soft lips, always smiling.

A lump began to form in Will's throat. He tried to say something, but couldn't choke out the words. He moved a hand up, tangling his fingers in Alyss' hair. Then he placed his forehead on hers, looking up at her through his eyelashes.

"Wh..where...what-" he tried, but his voice broke. Fresh tears were falling down his cheeks.

"I'll explain everything," Alyss' smooth, quiet voice promised. "But first, I'd like to meet my goddaughter."