[Junkrat X Reader]- Reunion

(a/n: I started this book almost a year and a half ago now, and many of my earlier works in here are pretty badly paced and written! I'm sorry about that!! It gets better as you go on, I promise. Thanks for reading, and apologies once more for my early works!)

Being an adult sucks.

You had stood in line at your local bank, the day slow and hot in the Summer's setting day. The wait was long, but you'd decided to tolerate it. You needed some cash for later, as you had plans to go out with some friends. Of course, you decided upon seeing the wait time, you'd probably rather stay home. You'd been in line for thirty minutes, and the thought of just going home tempted you strongly. It was 7:30 pm, and the line was barley moving.

But, that soon changed as the grand front entrance erupted with an explosion, scattering plaster and decor amongst the area. Both people and omnics alike scattered, and you crouched down, covering your head.

In the rare situation such as this, you were thankful for the training you had received with your brief time in the Overwatch. You dearly missed the team but they were no longer necessary-- but the skills were. You had learned to go about life as a normal civilian after a length of time.

You shook your lurking memories when the dust cleared, and one of those memories seemed to be in front of you. Your eyes widened. Peg-Leg and all, Junkrat stood in the settling wreckage. He was looking burnt to a crisp per usual, and his large and mischievous smile seemed to glow. When he began to speak, you buried your face in your hands. You had once had a thing for him. Er... Always. He had returned the feelings, but both of you were rather sheepish being your young selves, the rest of the Overwatch team teasing you constantly. By the time the team split up, all that remained between you and Junkrat were the ghostly trails of young reckless love.

" 'Scuse me mates, b' I'm gonna need ta get into  tha' vault. " He said, his heavily accented voice rang throughout the large room.

No one moved to do anything as he began to move towards the bank tellers. As he began to approach where you crouched, your heart began to race. Were you to reach out? Grab him? Even then, they'd see you with the criminal. Even so-- he had dropped his thieving career when he had joined Overwatch! He-- his peg-leg clacked a few feet away from you. Without a second thought, you stood quickly, not saying a word.

It would seem you didn't need to say anything, seeing as when you stood up, he immediately pointed his all-too-familiar gun at you. It remained dangerously pointed at you for a long moment before recognition clicked in his eyes.

"Well, if it ain't me' favorite sheila." He said, his gun going limp to his side. His smile grew. "Y/N, it's been s' l--"

You cut him off, impatient. "What the hell are you doing here, Jamison?! Now is NOT the time for casual catch up." You went to continue, but upon realizing all the civilians gazing at the very public exchange of words, you simply went silent.

Noticing your gaze, he turned around in a full circle, his brows furrowing as if remembering what he was doing before getting momentarily sucked into your reunion. "Oh. Uh." He suddenly grabbed your elbow, not gently at that, jerking you against him. "Tha' here hostage!" With that you elbowed him, but he caught it and with a impish smile began to escort both of you out.

The civilians were shocked into silence, and you were too, honestly.

Once the two of you reached the outside, he began running, his grasp loosening to a tug on your wrist as he ran. Of course, he had longer legs than you, so you had some trouble keeping up. "That's not how hostages work, and you don't have to pull, I'm following." You grumbled. You saw the corner of his mouth twitch upwards at that, and he once again slackened his grip to a faint squeeze of your hand.