Choose Your Own Adventure! ALL x Reader- Speed Dating

(Hey guys! This is gonna be different from my typical update: it's a choose your own adventure! This is the base chapter, and from here you'll go on to have a speed date with an assortment of Overwatch characters, and, if you so wish, a second date! The first half of the chapter will be the speed date, and the second half will be an actual date with the hero should you two hit it off in the speed date! Be sure to request which heroes you'd like to see as an option to speed date/second date with! To start, I'll post a chapter for if you speed date/real date with Genji! From there, I'll post whichever paths are requested!)

For immersion reasons, for now, i'll pretend the characters are all undercover and waiting to spring the whole "oh, yeah,,, i'm a world famous hero/villian btw;;;; uwu" on you until the second date or later((unless you want your character to be completely starstruck and recognize them immediately, which, hey, would be pretty freaking cute! )) So, if you request a date with a hero, feel free to mention if you'd like to recognize them or not! Also! A note: the place where the speed date is can change based on the request!! And, Jeez-- sorry for the spiel, but thanks for 140K, guys!! I love you guys, and i'm so happy you read my little ramblings. Happy readings! ) 

"Oh, c'mon--" Whined a high pitched voice through the phone. 

"No, Hana." You interjected, craning your neck to secure your phone to your shoulder while you scrolled through Google on your computer. Satisfied your friend hadn't argued back yet, you took the silent moment to focus on your waltzing fingers picking away at your keyboard.  

"It's just a speed dating thing!" She insisted. "You sit down, talk to someone for five, ten-- whatever minutes," 

"Not interested." You sang, still typing. 

Hana Song cleared her throat. "They're just short, simple conversations. What are you so scared of?" She huffed, and you distantly heard a door close on her end of the phone. 

You blanked, and your fingers hovered above the keyboard for a moment. Shaking the feeling, you pressed enter. 

"I..." You took to your cup of tea thoughtfully as you tried to devise a response. In the moment taking a drink brought you, your eyes quickly scanned the article you'd selected. You needed something. Anything. "The restaurant where it's being held had terrible food, according to the reviews."

"Dude." Hana shot back. "Did you seriously look up the restaurant? Stop avoiding this, Nerd."

You fluttered your eyes shut, all too expectant of the incoming spiel. 

"What, are you scared its going to work? That you're gonna find someone you're happy with?" Hana jested, laughing, despite the deeper sincerity of her questions. "Oh God, the horror! You'd have something to do other than work overtime for fun!"

You twisted your fingers together for a moment instead of responding.

Hana's gasped dramatically. "Oh my God-- you are scared!" She concluded. She sighed, then made a tiny 'tsk tsk' noise.

"I'm--" You stumbled for words, sitting up in your chair. "I'm not scared! Just..." You trailed off, looking for the word.

"Busy?" Your friend immediately interjected.

This was not the first time you'd had this conversation. 

"Yeah." You breathed, removing the phone from the crook of your neck and instead holding it in front of you, your eyes guiltily removing from the screen's call time and out the window to distant shrubbery.

It wasn't a complete lie. You were about to graduate college, had a full-time job writing for a local newspaper, and your very own apartment barely worth the rent you paid. It wasn't a bad life, but perhaps a rather monotonous existence at times.

"You make that excuse every time-- busy! You're always," She put on a teasing voice "buuuuuusy!"

"Because  nothing has changed since the last time you begged me to go on a love-of-my-life escapade." You retorted, cracking a smile.

The line fell silent for a moment. A single drop of rain ticked down your window, and you watched it go. 

"Please?" 

There it was-- she was just begging you now.

"Maybe you'll find someone!" She added, repeating her earlier attempt.

"Maybe." You didn't try to hide your disbelief.

"Your exams are two weeks away! You have time for this. At least time for me, right? We get to hang out if nothing else!" Hana whined.

Your eyes flicked from the window and to the phone. The technology was cool and smooth in your hands. 

"And..., God, I'll buy you doughnuts afterwards." She added after another moment of silence on your end.

"How many?" You shot back, your interest suddenly piqued. 

"We can split a half dozen. Drink some coco-- watch movies-- all you have to do is just come and try to get into the dating scene for an hour. Maybe two." She pushed.

You tipped your head back in your chair and closed your eyes for a moment.  

Would you resent this decision later? Perhaps.

"Yeah.., okay." You murmured, exhaling. 

Your friend joyously laughed over the phone and squealed.

 "Good! I'm already outside your apartment-- hurry up and change into something cute!" Hana impishly rushed.

"Wait, what--?" You rushed, rocketing forward in your chair.

"No questions!" Hana shot back.

Then, however unceremoniously, the line was dead. You leaned back once more, gazing our your window with a small grin. 

Looks like you had a few dates to get ready for.