[Reaper X Cyborg!Reader]- Hardwired

Requested By»
blackknight_1024

Sometimes, you couldn't sleep.

Violently images of your home, family, and hopes would flash before your eyes as you lay awake in the night.

You weren't the only one effected by the Omnic war in such ways, but it hurt to recall. Your home had been paraded through, your parents held at gun point as you wept in the corner. They knew you wouldn't do anything when they shot them.

They knew.

And oh, how you regretted it. Every waking moment of the day and every tedious drawn out one of the night regret welled deep within your stomach, toiling like worms. You dearly wished you had acted, though it may not have done much. Too many people were there, and at the mere age of sixteen you knew next to nothing of self defense due to your village's peaceful nature.

Of course, if you had acted, you may have died. But, sometimes you wished that was the case. They were sent to kill your whole village, including you. Sufficing to believe six bullets would end you.

Three landed within your legs, two in your abdomen. One- it landed right next to your heart.

You were lucky that day, being rescued by a woman whom only classified as Mercy. She was an angel, that woman. She dug out the bullets, giving you new legs, and even one new arm. Without giving a chance to thank her she left you, there, in the bloody remains of your home.

It had been years since the incident, and you had carried on living in the streets. You resorted to theft for food, and anything with a ledge as shelter. It was the usual, and you'd found your way to the big city soon enough.

The arms and legs took a long while to get used to, but you grew into it. You had no fatigue from your robotic extensions, and found you cool run faster than you had before. Though, you often faced forms of racism upon your limbs being noticed, but you'd learned not to care. Even after the war, you knew good omnics existed.

Hopefully.

You shook your head, settling into newspaper you'd laid down as a carpet-like substitute. It was raining heavily outside of the small box you'd propped up as a roof. Unfortunately it was becoming soggy and falling as the rain worsened. It was times like these you were thankful that you stuck to long sleeves and jeans. Not only helpful to hide your arms and leg's machinery but to keep out the unrelenting cold that always seemed to set in after sunset.

You'd been through worse, but the poor conditions definitely weren't helping your seemingly never ending lack of sleep. Dragging your hands down your face, you sighed. Distantly you could hear cars passing down the street, but the ally provided as slight advantage against the winds and ever judging public eye. A slice of light slid through the ally due to the neighboring street light, and it would cut off as a car would pass every few moments.

Lacking entertainment, you settled for watching the light disappear then reappear. Though, when it disappeared for a long moment, you grew confused and somewhat spooked. Had the light gone out? You peeked your head out, cocking your head. Behind whatever was blocking the light, it was on. Odd.

Suddenly, you realized it was a large silhouette blocking the light. Unsure if they were facing towards you or away, you subtly scooted further towards the wall you were closest to whilst holding the box closer to your head. Hopefully they hadn't noticed you.

From your adjusted hiding spot, you studiously noticed the shape of two guns. They were held at the figure's sides, but were obviously ready to be drawn and pointed.