[Genji X Reader]- Jealous

Requested By»
ghoullover

It had been months since you had upped and left your prestigious academy, all for a silly invitation in the mail. Of course, an invitation into the one and only Overwatch wasn't something to dismiss so lightly.

But, as you sat in your sparsely decorated room, clicking the back of a pin anxiously, you figured the team hadn't done you much good.

Sure, they were nice. Indeed, they taught you new and exciting things... But one of them really liked to screw with your heart. Of course, he didn't know that. Outside your assigned bedroom's window, you had a clear view of the cyborg whom you'd come to love. Though it was early morning, and the sun had just begun to rise, he tapped away on his phone. Even picking it up to his ear every so often as if on a call. You saw him shake with laughter, and his shoulders relax into a calm stance instead of tense and battle ready. He was always on it nowadays, and never let anyone listen in. Coming back from the calls he seemed relaxed and happy, and you knew the cause..

He was probably talking to some girl! Uh, Probably! Most likely!

At first you banished the idea, but then again... Who wouldn't want a cyborg-robot-ninja boyfriend?

Your hand dragged down your face on its own accord, leaving you to lean into your chair and sigh. It was messing you up, seeing him conversing with you stiffly although you had spent two months together then melt into some stupid phone call. In all of that time you'd never seen him so relaxed with you as he was just speaking into his phone. Whoever he was on the phone with was a very very lucky person. Upon further thinking, you figured yourself not to match. You liked fighting and gaming. You weren't the kind of well-groomed girl he was probably talking to at that moment.

Your brooding was soon interrupted as your door swung open. In came Mercy, looking refreshed and all too bright for the early time of day.

"Hey, Y/N-" She glanced at your position, leaning towards your window, then to your face. "Stalking a teammate, I see."

Your mouth opened, and you stood from your chair, cheeks bright and colorful. "N-No! Watching the sunrise. No one is even out there!" You stuttered in explanation.

A small smile jumped onto her lips, as frustratingly angelic as she. "I've seen a lot in the emergency room dear, and you seem to have been struck a critical case of the Cupid's Arrow. Now, come here. I need to check your gash."

Your face's tone had switched to a red, and you knew better than to further dig your grave by retorting further. Wordlessly you pulled up your shirt to reveal a gash on your side.

Laughing to herself about her obviously correct guess, she began to examine your wound. You had gained it days before when a harsh run in with Talon's forces got you by surprise while returning from supermarket (fetching things for the team, because being youngest on the team made you a maid, apparently). Though you managed to kill the oncoming attackers, Reaper nor Widowmaker recognized the bodies when you contacted the team for investigation. Genji was solemn then, continuously staring at you throughout there chaos and the team feverishly trying to identify the bodies.

You huffed at this thought. He was probably thinking of how disappointed he was in you, allowing yourself to be ambushed. Comparing you to one of those girls he probably talked to, who wouldn't even think of using allies as a form of transportation. The back streets were never crowded, but didn't prove to be good company.

What? You weren't helpless. Just, easily surprised when four cloaked figures dove at you from behind a trashcan. It's really something to be startled about.