[Hanzo X Reader]- Proposal

Requested By»
_StarryNightfall_

"Honor this, honor that. It's all about honor." You grumbled, your face stuffed into your pillow. Beside you, your best friend Tracer sat. The two of you had been chatting about your long-time boyfriend Hanzo, who'd been driving you up the wall as of late. He never seemed to be home, but when he was new cuts and bruises always littered his body. Whenever you'd talk it was brief, and his attention span briefer.

Finally, you decided you had to talk to Tracer about it. She'd intently been listening to your story, and didn't seem to mind your complaints. Upon your rant finishing, she opened her mouth to soothe you.

"Love, I'm sorry. Maybe he's doing a mission for his clan again, y'know, if he's coming home hurt." She offered, patting your back as you continued to grumble into the pillow.

"But he'd tell me what he was doing then. When I asked he changed the topic. All 'Oh I should go to bed' or 'Just stuff' or--" before you could ramble on, Tracer stopped you.

"Don't worry too much, y/n. Hanzo loves you. It's obvious. He's not doing something that will potentially or intentionally hurt you. Besides, all relationships need space sometimes." She insisted, leaning over and placing a hand upon your shoulder.

You nodded, looking down to your lap. Perhaps she was right, you and Hanzo hadn't been often separated beforehand, so maybe you both needed some time to breathe. And now that you thought about it, his lingoes about honor appeared in conversation often. Your shoulders slouched. You must've overthought it.

Tracer smiled at your newfound ease. "See, nothing to worry about. I'm going to go train."

You mumbled a goodbye, and heard the room's door close as she left.

With that you laid back onto you and Hanzo's bed, the familiar scent of him washing over you. You sighed, the slight light peeking through the blinds leading you to infer sunset was nigh. You figured you might as well follow suite and train with Tracer. Hanzo would be likely not to get home until late again, anyways.

With that thought you stood, marching over to your dresser and putting on adequate clothing. Grabbing your phone and keys, you left you and Hanzo's room.

~~~

By the time you and Tracer finished training, the sun had set. You both sat in the sandy outdoor area, tired and drained from the previous sparring. Lena (Tracer) had landed a pretty nasty right hook to your jaw, but ultimately you'd won the spar. You'd become so used to training alongside her you knew all her tricks.

Your gaze marveled at the bright base atop the hill in front of both you and Tracer. The base's inside was alive with members eating dinner and chatting. It was normal for them not to eat until late, due to the fact when not fighting for peace they fought to land a normal job.

At the sound of bushes rustling you looked up, and with a gaze to Lena, her expression informed you she's also heard it.

You'd almost shrugged it off as a bird when your boyfriend's tired face appeared. Upon seeing you his face lit up, but not as much as you wished. He looked tired and beaten, but a smile still played onto his face.

"Hi Y/N I--" He was cut off as Tracer threw a rock at him.

"You asshat! Don't scare us like that, and act like a normal person and get out of the bushes!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms upon the rock missing the man.

You sighed. Perhaps she was correct, but you were still interested in what he had to say.

Hanzo rolled his eyes, stepping out of the bushes. He was clothed normally, but his clothes were torn and his shoulder was gashed heavily.

"Tracer... Could you give us a moment?" You asked, making her huff.

"Yeah, sure, love. Whatever. Beware the loon." She was obviously unhappy, but you dismissed it. With that she blinked away, leaving the night silent.

Hanzo sighed as she left. He seemed almost relieved. The two of them often clashed, and it barely alarmed you any more. But, what did alarm you was that he'd done it again. Went out recklessly, then came back as if no wrong was done.

He opened his mouth, but you cut him off. Your hands went to perch on your hips as you assessed him further.

"Hanzo, where the hell do you keep going?" You demanded, though you kept your voice fairly even and calm.

A small blush appeared on his cheeks, and his hands fiddled together. "Wellll--" He began, but you once again interrupted him.

"You've been constantly gone recently, and not the mention hurt upon return. I'm tired of it! I've been worried sick, and all I've gotten is snippets of bullshit!"

"Y/N,"  Now he was serious, and he came to stand it front of you. You silenced at that. "Let me speak. Please. It's important."

You sighed, looking to the sandy ground. You hadn't even gotten to complain about the whole honor thing. What a shame, you'd have to wait until he was finished, you decided.

Suddenly he dropped to one knee.

You yelped. Perhaps his injuries were worse than you'd anticipated. You were on your knees next to him, frantically searching for the wound of cause within moments, but he gently grasped your hands to stop you.

"I'm okay, Y/N." He chuckled. "Stand up."

Hesitantly, you did.

"Y/N, we've been dating a long while now. So I figured, nows the time. The clan seems to like you, and I'm pretty fond of you--" He winked .

"H-Hanzo. What are you doing?!" You stuttered.

He laughed. "I'm proposing."
With that he pulled a large ring from his pocket. A little too large.

Suddenly it clicked. He had been with his clan. His... Crime clan.

"Hanzo, you stole that." You immediately chirped.

He froze, then began to laugh. "So?"

"That's why you're hurt, isn't it? That's why you've been gone." You inferred, eyes narrowing.

"Maybe." He said, trailing off a small bit.

With that you began to laugh too. "You idiot, of course I'll marry you. But we have to go pick out an actual ring later, alright? Return that person's ring."

Relief washed over his face as he stood, hugging you. He rested his face in the crook of your neck, uttering four words.

"It'd be my honor."

All you could do was laugh.

~~~
I'm back! For the past two weeks I've had theater camp, and our last showing was today. Sorry for the lack of updates in these past weeks. You got one a week, but it should go back to two or three now that I have more free time.

Remember, requests are always open! I have yet to turn one down.