In Cold Blood

Drew's P.O.V.

It had been a full day since they all stood outside the Olive Garden and listened to the General of the Army speak to them about the laws and government. Not to mention he killed a man right there, but this served no surprise to most of them. Especially Ryan and Zach, as they'd voiced, but they refused to talk about it. Drew had a feeling something happened when they went out to lunch the previous week, and Lynn and Ramona also knew what happened. They, too, refused to talk of it, or at least Lynn did. Ramona didn't look to be in the talking mood anyways, though.

It was now just past eight at night, and all five of them sat at a bar. The bar was Eddie's idea, as they'd just finished a particularly stressful day at the studio. Nikki usually left them to it for most of their time there, staying an hour, maybe two. But today she stayed with them the whole day, for some reason. Whatever the reason would've been, though, it would result in only a blonde annoyance to all of them.

Drew was in between Eddie and Ryan at the bar, and Eddie was drinking a dangerous amount of alcohol. Either this, or he was close to it.

"Hey, about that General guy..." He slurred. All but Ryan looked at him, who was on his phone.

"What about him?" Drew asked Eddie.

"He's a dick, isn't he?"

Drew was about to agree, almost laughing a bit, but Zach's voice snapped from Ryan's other side, "Eddie, watch that shit."

Eddie stopped his hand from raising the glass of what Drew believed was whiskey to his lips. He laughed a bit, then leaned forward to look past Drew and Ryan.

"Why are you so concerned about that shit, man?"

"Because they can hear you, and I'd like for all of you to stay out of prison. And for you to live."

With this, Drew was certain Zach gave Ryan a look. But Ryan was very occupied with his phone, occasionally taking a drink from the bourbon in front of him.

"Well, maybe we can get started on the fact that when we tour, we can't tour around the world anymore. The last time we traveled out of the states was...well, the last time we ever travel out of the states."

Eddie took a deep drink of his whiskey. Drew saw a bit of pain in his face, but this was nothing compared to his voice on the next statement.

"And when we get to tour nationally, we have new roadies. I have no idea where one of my best friends went. They could've killed him, you know. Clint."

Then Brent's voice added with difficulty, "And Brian and Mark."

"And Noel. Smith. And you can't forget Brody and T---"

Eddie was cut off by somebody slamming into him at his stool, making him spill his drink all over his shirt. The man that fell to the floor also hit Brent a bit and as he turned around on his back, he looked up at Eddie, who grumbled angrily.

"I'm sorry, man." His trembling voice said as that half of the bar went quiet. Clearly no one had even taken notice that he came in, seeming to run from something.

"Hey, man, are you alright?" Zach asked. The man looked at him, his eyes wide. Drew observed that he was covered in dirt, or more like soot or ash. He didn't reply to Zach. Some of the bar returned to normal, but then the mysterious man turned his head to look out the window on his right. On the opposite side of his face was blood running from his temple, like he'd been hit with something.

"They're coming." The man suddenly said in a panicked voice. The guys, all of them if Ryan was not still on his phone, gave him confused looks. Then Brent, closest him, got up and held out a hand while speaking to him.