All In Favor

President Carter's P.O.V.

Carter stepped out of the limo when the door was opened for him, and was greeted with several flashing cameras, microphones in his face, and other shouting people. He stood for a second to breathe in the New York City air, then walked forward as he straightened his dark blue tie. Security guards were on all sides of him.

He soon passed, just before entering the United Nations headquarters building, the non-violence sculpture out front, which was a gun with a knot at the end of the barrel so as to block the gun from shooting. Carter wondered why they hadn't gotten it removed already.

As soon as he stepped inside, he then heard a man with a thick Russian accent say, "Hello, Mr. President."

Carter looked around and found himself face to face with Russian President Ivan Kovalev, who held out his hand with a smile. Carter shook it and said, "Greetings, Kovalev."

Kovalev smiled and leaned in as people inside the building took pictures of the two shaking hands. In Carter's ear, the president whispered, "You better hold to your word about sending us double the transportation goods if we are to veto this vote and save your country."

"I will." Carter replied. Then Kovalev pulled away completely and gave a smile, though it didn't reach his eyes.

"Keep in mind this still doesn't patch the United States' relation with our country. This is merely business."

Carter nodded with his own fake grin, "I understand that."

Kovalev gave a small nod in return and stepped away to his own surly security guards, telling the U.S. president, "See you at the meeting."

Carter again nodded and turned to his own guards, motioning them to come with him as he, too, headed to the meeting room. Inside, he saw most people already sat down at the desk forming almost a full circle, and he moved over to the United States portion of seats, sitting just behind his representative, Danielle Roth.

He saw that the other three permanent seats were there along with the U.S. and Russia, those being the United Kingdom, France, and China. The other ten non-permanent and rotating nations sat at the other places; Peru, Somalia, Denmark, Morocco, Brazil, Sweden, New Zealand, Ukraine, Paraguay, and Canada.

Carter again looked at the representative of the United Kingdom, last name Duncan, alongside Prime Minister Michael Hartley. He began to dislike the minister exceptionally well for the past few days, for he was the one who called on the Security Council meeting, the agenda being "protection of civilians under autocratic forces," and he meant very well to impose a sanction on the U.S..

Before long and after everyone else was seated, Mr. Duncan began the meeting as it was usually held, introducing some of the special people who had attended. Then he said, "The Security Council will now begin its consideration of the item on its agenda."

Then Duncan introduced the document which was a report on the protection civilians under autocratic forces, referring to the one and only President Carter himself.

"I now give the floor to Prime Minister Hartley himself, who has excellently kept his aim at keeping democracy in the places he believes it belongs and protecting the innocents affected by this aggression."

Hartley politely took the invitation, and thus spoke, "Thank you, Mr. Duncan, for the kind words. I must now address the lack of previous warning regarding the autocracy of the United States and take this meeting as an opportunity to enlighten those who have, until recently, not been aware of what has been happening in the very country we are in now.

"It has been clearly shown that the United States government has rid itself of its own Constitution written by the Founding Fathers, and put disgrace upon previous leaders of the nation and those who fought so valiantly for democracy during the American Revolution. We have enforced the legal and moral imperatives that the United States now dismiss, and I believe it is time we take greater action to protect the civilians who are not in favor of this autocracy. As President Nathaniel Carter has demonstrated, the United States now rules a totalitarian government and it is important the rest of the world attempts to stop this and patch up what is not yet lost forever - freedom.