Path for One

Ramona's P.O.V.

Upon waking up, Ramona was alarmed beyond measure at seeing Ryan beside her, still sleeping peacefully. First, she almost rolled into him before feeling the warmth on her left side, then her eyes flew open and she bolted up in surprise.

Yet she relaxed immediately. She almost laughed aloud had he not been sleeping so nicely - she knew he needed that sleep. But she soon laid back down, admiring him for the sole reason that he was beside her. She couldn't remember the last time she woke up without empty and cold sheets.

One thing she loved most about waking up with him there was also how handsome he was. He was attractive in any setting, of course, but there was something about the natural light flooding every crevice of the room that made him look more...what was the word? Divine, perhaps.

He was calm and peaceful, though. The picture of tranquility Ramona wished still existed in such a place as this. His chest rose up and down slowly as he was lost in what she hoped were dreams, good ones. She also noticed for the first time that he had small crow's feet at the corners of his eyes, but they were cute, and a small mole near the bridge of his nose at the left side, the same tone of his skin but also something she found she liked about him. It was unique. It was part of what made him Ryan.

Then there were the two of them. Oh, how her feelings have changed, and how far they'd come! First, she denied him, and having feelings for him - what a concept! Then she slowly began to accept it, but seeing as how things turned out, seeing the butterflies he sent to her stomach with each smile and the shivers down her back with each touch, how did it take her so long? It was hard to believe now that she'd almost given Ryan up more than once for someone like Shawn.

Ryan's groggy eyes were open before Ramona was given the chance to look away. For someone who'd just come out of deep slumber, he was quite perceptive. At least judging by his laugh.

"Don't try to hide you looking at me," He chuckled, "How long were you like that?"

Ramona almost said something snarky back, but nothing came out. She instead shook her head and tried to roll over with her back to him, but then his other hand came to rest on her other side and he was leaning over her, lustrous hair all over accompanied by a smirk on his face.

"Were you thinking of me or what you would do to me?"

"You. What else would I be thinking about?" She rolled her eyes. But then he gave her a look, one that was almost like suspicion.

"You avoided my flirt completely." Ryan stated. Ramona forced her smile down, but feared some of it slipped out and he caught it. Especially by the way his lively eyes glanced down and his grin slightly grew.

"Because they don't work on me, Tedder." Ramona replied, still doing her best to remain serious. Until Ryan's contagious laugh made that feat harder.

"Trust me, you'll climb me like a tree someday, Ramona."

Ramona laughed a little at this - he was clever - but worked enough out of her throat to say, "Oh, I suppose a man can dream."

Ryan let out a chuckle again, "You don't even wanna know the things I'm dreaming."

With this, Ramona gave another shake of her head, but couldn't think of a good enough reply. Then Ryan fell back onto his back beside her and added, "You'll only think that for now, but when it's time to get a new mattress, we'll break that one in easy."

Ramona couldn't help but laugh again, much harder. Someday, Ryan. She thought. Then she too rolled over and right when his bright eyes looked back at her, she gave him a long kiss.