Educated Guess

Ramona's P.O.V.

Ryan disappeared out of view, Ramona's sight of him drowned out by running people. Yet she was still planted in place, and couldn't understand what the hell was going on.

Ryan looked terrified to be where he was before running, and after they called to catch him Ramona could understand why. But why did he know what was about to happen, or act like it? He told her to run before anything really happened. What the hell?

Ramona thought about going after him. If she ran the other direction, who's to say what would happen to him?

Yet he was long gone, surely. She'd been standing here too long. Especially for him to say "run." She probably should've heeded his warning.

Rough hands grabbed each arm behind her suddenly. She didn't understand who it was or what they wanted until the front of her upper body was slammed down onto a nearby table, the man behind her holding her hands behind her back with one hand while the other pulled her hair. I should've heeded his warning.

"Let me go!" Ramona cried out, struggling under his grip. The back of her mind screamed at her the memories she had with Shawn last year, but she shoved those away and reminded herself that this was an entirely different situation.

"No, darlin', you're being arrested." The man's gruff voice said. Ramona scoffed.

"Wha---why?!"

Then she felt hot breath touching the hair beside her ear. His voice was horribly creepy, but he told her, "Because of who you're engaged to."

Ramona was gaping. None of this made sense. What was it that Ryan did? Or was doing? Was he hiding something from her, was he breaking the law?

God, I hope it's not that, Ramona thought in turn, I hope I can still trust him.

Ramona struggled more against the man's grip, but when she heard the jangling of handcuffs behind her, she knew there was no point.

Until there was a grunt and a cry, each from two different men. Then there was a thud and the jingling of handcuffs was gone, as well as the man's rough grip at her wrists. Ramona couldn't help but stay frozen on the table for a moment. Until a hand lightly grabbed at her right shoulder, prompting her to turn around.

"Hey, you're good now." Zach said, standing before her with a small smile. Ramona blinked at him a second, registering what happened. She had far too many questions and comments on the situation to really say anything at once.

"Ramona, you good?" He peered at her. Ramona shook her head.

"What the hell did Ryan do?"

"It's not what he did. It's what they're accusing him of, or thinking he's doing. Come on."

With his beckon, Zach grabbed her arm to start to escort her in a different direction than the way Ryan ran. There was a hallway there Ramona hadn't noticed earlier that they began to run through.

"And...are they right?" Ramona asked Zach in response.

"Partially."

"What?!"

"Never mind it. He should be able to explain later, don't worry. But for now, we gotta get out of here."

Then they kept running, for silence for a small while. The hallway had many twists and turns, and Zach kept checking past corners for anyone who would be a problem for them. Like men with machine guns, for instance.

"You know," Ramona said, thinking about when she and Zach first met while they stood against a wall, "I suppose this isn't the first time something like that's happened, is it?"