Chapter 2: Heathens

My sister, Peyton, who is played by Jade Chynoweth^

•••••••••••••••
{If you couldn't already tell by the title, this chapter is in honor of the release of the music video for the song "Heathens" by my favorite band, Twenty Øne Piløts! I screamed when I saw the notification I got and I'm in love. I even got my dad to love the song a few days ago and he also loves the video! He said,
"it's sad because I'm a 53 year old who has loved rock music my whole life and I like this. Wow,"
But I told him, "it doesn't matter and WELCOME TO THE CLIQUE!" And he was like "the what?"
He has so much to learn....
But yes, I'm very excited to see the movie and I love the video sooo much that I should be sleeping since it's 1:00 am but I'm watching it over and over again, oops. Here's the link and share with your friends!:

https://youtu.be/UprcpdwuwCg

(If the link does not work, I also posted it in a update :))
See the movie "Suicide Squad" on August 5th!}
•••••••••••••••

Flannels, leggings, and high tops are my "go to" outfit in the fall, especially in this kind of weather. It's always chilly outside but I love the color of the leaves.
I hugged Tess before I grabbed a black snapback off my coat hanger and walked out of the house. I slung my bag over my back before I rode my skateboard to school. Tess doesn't have college this week because of some weird thing that goes on every year. They all get to ditch the week, which is not fair but whatever.
Peyton drove herself to school with a friend and Heath met up with his friend and they walked together. Me? I go alone. I'm the lone wolf of the pack.
I jogged before I stepped on my skateboard and pushed off down the sidewalk.
I let the cool, crisp wind blow through my hair while I smelt the leaves that have fallen to the ground, along with the ones that still held onto the trees. I sighed out loud and let a smile fall upon my face.
I made it to school early, surprisingly, and put my skateboard in my locker before taking my bag to homeroom. I sat down at my usual desk in the back and pulled out a book in my bag. Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick.
Amazing book.
I pulled out the post-it note and began to read.

The day goes by slow like usual until it gets to lunch. Then after that, the day still continues to slow but not as bad. I sat down at the round table, sort of in the middle of the room but closer to the back. You don't want to sit up front, that's where the popular people sit.
It goes like this:
When you walk in, to your left you have the two geek tables and to your right you have the cheerleaders. Next to them is the two popular people tables, then the two jocks table. But across from them are the outcasts/goth kids and our table, which is unknown. We have a lot of students at our school so we kinda have to crunch everyone in on those tables.
I sat down next to Allison while Aubrey sat on my right. We aren't the only ones at our table, we have a few other people in our grade that join us but we don't know them that well. We just see them around the school every once in a while.
I already went through the line for hot lunch and got my pizza. It's not as good as Pizza Hut but it'll do. I started to eat when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the one and only, Brielle Evans. The most popular girl in the school with her squad standing behind her, Leah List and Ella Larsson.
Brielle had the perfect hair, face, body, everything! You can't beat her. She has long, dark brown hair with blonde at the ends, like ombré, chocolate brown eyes, and the perfect tan skin. She is a little short but in heels, like she's wearing now, she's about as tall as me. Plus, guys in our school don't care about that, they mainly care about her face, boobs, and butt.
Leah had the same kind of hair and color eyes, just a little taller than Brielle by a few inches. They both looked pretty much alike, as if they could be twins. But Ella looked nothing like the both of them. She had the perfect blonde hair color with a beautiful blue, glacier eye color. She was taller than the both of them and the same height as me. I always thought she could be a twin to my brother.
Brielle had on a black, flowy, spaghetti strap tank top with high waisted, black skinny jeans. Her shoes were black heels as well. Her hair was tied up in a perfect high ponytail with curls that draped over her shoulders with a pair of sunglasses on top of her head.
Leah had on a pair of blue, whitewashed denim skinny jeans with a white, ruffled, spaghetti strap tank top and a splatter paint jacket over top. She was wearing her hair down in curls and her shoes we tan wedges.
Then Ella had on a PINK white sweater with dark gray skinny jeans, and a dark blue, velvet heels with a gold, metallic color heel. She had a gray beanie placed on her head with her hair straightened and flowing down her shoulders.
"Yes?" I asked after I wiped away the pizza sauce on the side of my mouth. She took away her hand with her perfectly painted, white finger nails and placed it on her hip.
"We wanted to talk to you about something. Do you want to talk it over at our table?"
I looked at my friends who had wide eyes. I've always wanted to sit at that table and now is my chance. But why me? Out of anyone is this room, they want me?
I shrugged and stood up before I followed them to their table. I could feel people's eyes on me as I walked. Brielle pointed to a spot on the bench so I sat down. She sat down next to me with Ella to my left.
"Would you like to be a part of our group?" She asked with a smile. I gave her a confused look.
"Is this a joke?" I asked unsure. She rolled her eyes and continued to smile.
"No, silly. We wanted to know if you wanted to join our group. You know, hang out together, give each other make-overs, get coffee together, etc,"
Is she for real right now? Who set this up? Is someone live streaming this to YouTube?
"Why do you want me?"
"We think you're really cool and we want you to join," Ella spoke up. I nodded.
"What about my best friends?"
"Well, you can choose them or choose us. You can hang with us for a day and see how you like it. If you don't, that's fine. If you do, it will go from there,"
"So what do you think?" Leah asked from beside Ella.
I mean, I can try it for one day and see how I like it. But what if I do? What would Allison and Aubrey say? I looked over at them, which they then both just gave me nice, genuine smiles before turning back around to their food.
It's worth a try...
"When do I start?"