Chapter 12: I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream

Chloe Black^ (meet her in chapters to come)

"Tell me about your songs," I said as I laid on my stomach on Blake's bed, propping my head up with both of my elbows and my hands holding up my chin. I faced him as he sat on his drum kit.
"Well, you wanna hear a song?" He asked and I nodded. He started to drum when Connor bursted into the room singing along.

"That you all have guns,
And you never put the safety on,
And you all have plans,
To take it, to take it,
Don't take it, take it, take it."

He sat down in his desk chair and continued to sing the song while Blake played the drums. I actually really liked it, very catchy and it made me want to sing along. Once and a while Blake would look at me and smile and I returned it.

"I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep,
But I can't, but I can't when you all have,
Guns for hands, yeah."

They finished and I clapped, even though I was the only one there. They started to play another song and they told me it was called "Forest". They said they were working on it for a while now and the chorus went like this:

"Down in the forest,
We'll sing a chorus,
One that everybody knows.
Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire,
Singing songs that nobody wrote."

They continued to sing till the end like before.

"Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire.

Hands held higher,
We'll be on fire."

Connor bowed before walking out of his room and down the hall. I chuckled.
"That was awesome," I said sitting up and crossing my legs.
"You think so?" He asked and I nodded.
"Definitely,"
"Thanks, that was our first time actually putting the first song all together,"
"Well I think it sounded amazing,"
He smiled and let his dimples show up again along with a little tinge of pink on his face.
"Awww you like me," I mocked him from earlier this morning. He rolled his eyes but didn't answer.
I knew it.
I walked up behind him and grabbed his arm so he would turn around to face me. I looked in his eyes and leaned in. His eyes were big for a split second but closed the closer we got. Before our lips met, I put my finger to his lips and he opened his eyes. He raised an eyebrow.
"Girlfriend remember?" I said with a smirk.
"That's not fair, you can't play with my feelings like that!" He whined. I shrugged and took my finger away but he grabbed my hand before I could put it back to my side. Before I could ask what he was doing, he already connected his lips with mine.
The butterflies in my stomach from when I just talk to him were now going haywire and my heart was doing backflips. I was stiff at first but I sunk into the kiss after realizing what was actually happening. I could feel a spark. Do you know what that feels like? It's hard to explain but it feels as though something is there that has been missing your whole life and now you finally found it. It's the best feeling ever.
I closed my eyes and went along with it. I cupped his face with my hands and he put his on my waist. We let go but put our foreheads together. My eyes still stayed shut.
"Was that your first kiss?" He asked and I nodded opening my eyes. I already knew that it wasn't his because I've seen him kiss Bree before. Of course I'm jealous when I see it but now I just witnessed the feeling myself, and it was amazing.
Wow.
My first kiss.
With my best friend's boyfriend.
I'm going to be in so much trouble if she finds out.

We hung out in his room for the rest of the night and it was almost time for bed. I had to take off my makeup so we went to my room since that's where I kept my stuff. I sat at the vanity and stared in the mirror while he kneeled behind me. I was getting scared since he's never seen me without makeup before.
What if he doesn't like me? Because I'll look different?
"Your don't need that makeup," Blake said quietly as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I looked at him with my glossy eyes and I sniffed.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, wiping under my eyes and rubbing my nose.
"You don't need makeup on your face. You're already beautiful,"
"But you've only ever seen me with my makeup,"
"Well, if you take it off now, it will be a first without,"
I stared at him before he motioned for the makeup wipes in front of me. He took his chin off my shoulder and had a reassuring, but small, smile on his face. I looked back up at myself in the mirror. Ugly.
Ugly ugly ugly.
I still took out a wipe and started on my face. I made sure I got everything off and I put it in the trashcan under the vanity. I looked in the mirror.
I know we're only going to bed but why did he care so much to see me like this? This monster?
"Are you ok?" He asked. I forgot he was still behind me. I nodded and he put his hand in mine as we laced our fingers together.
"Are you sure you want to see me?-"
"I'm sure,"
I took in a breath and turned around, he just smiled. I was confused. Why wasn't he telling me I wasn't good enough? Instead, he leaned in and gave me a hug. I hugged back before I felt a tear run down my face.
My siblings, parents, Allison, and Aubrey are the only people that have only seen me without makeup. Allison and Aubrey know from when I would spent the night, but anyone else at school has never seen me like this, and my abusive parents have always criticized me about how ugly I was.
This was an amazing feeling. We let go but I wanted to hug him even more. He gave me a quick kiss on my lips and wiped away a stray tear from my face with his thumb. We both smiled.
"Beautiful,"