Chapter 11: I Don't Wanna Be Heard, I Wanna Be Listened To

Connor Ryder^

I jolted up in my bed and was sweating to death. I looked around the room then at the clock, 4:42 am. Close enough. I got up and turned on the light and went over to the closet to grab clothes.
My alarm usually goes off at 6:00 am so I turned it off. I quietly walked to the bathroom  and got ready. I took a shower and let my hair air dry so I wouldn't wake anyone up with the blow dryer.
I put my clothes on and did my hair and makeup in my room instead. My outfit was an oversized bubblegum pink sweater with dark wash jeggings and white flats, and my hair, once it was dry, was down but I curled the ends.
When I was putting on my mascara I heard a small knock at the door. I got up and opened the door to see a tired Blake.
"What are you doing up already?" I asked him. He yawned before answering.
"I heard you yelling in your sleep,"
I tried to hide it as best as I could but he raised an eyebrow because he knew what I was doing. I was stalling. I sighed and lead him over to the bed. We sat down and he grabbed my hand.
"I had a bad dream," I spoke.
"About?"
"Me killing myself,"
"Why?" His voice sort of cracked when he asked.
"Because I don't know who I should stay friends with,"
He immediately hugged me and I hugged him back, feeling a lump in my throat. I forced myself not to cry because I knew it would ruin my makeup that I just put on. We let go and he said he'd be right back.
I finished my makeup and went on my phone for a little bit to check social media. I was lying on my back on the carpet floor when Blake came close to my face.
I smiled and he did too before he kissed my forehead. I could feel my face start to get a little warm and he noticed.
"Awww you like me," he said in a girly voice.
"Whatever," I said as I grabbed the oatmeal from his hands that he made for me. I said a quick thanks before I took a bite. It tasted even better than how it looked: cinnamon oatmeal with fresh cut up strawberries, blueberries, and bananas.
I took a slice of one of the bananas and held it in Blake's face, where he then made a disgusted face and pushed my arm away. I snickered.
"Gross," he said swooshing it away. I put it in my mouth and he shook his head in disgust. He and his brother both hate bananas, I don't even know how or why they even have bananas in their house.
"I'm going to go get ready," he said standing up and walking to his room. I finished the bowl and took it to the kitchen before rinsing it and placing it in the dishwasher. It was now just past 6:00 so everyone was already up.
I walked back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before I went to my room and finished going on social media. It was then time to go so I walked into Blake's room and wondered what was taking him so long.
It turned out he was just staring up at his ceiling while he laid on his back. I closed the door behind me and laid down next to him.
"What're we looking at?" I asked glancing over at him. I saw him smile and bite his lip out of the corner of my eye. He looked hot. Sorry not sorry, I can't help it.
He rolled onto his side and I did the same so we were facing each other. He scanned my face before smiling.
"Damn you're cute," he said. He cannot be serious. I rolled my eyes.
"Girlfriend remember?" I replied.
"Yeah I know,"
"I know I'm probably going to regret asking this but do you even like Bree?"
He thought for a second before looking away.
"I think so, I just don't know anymore. My dad thought you were Bree that one time because I've always been too afraid of showing her to my parents,"
"What's holding you back?"
"Well Connor already doesn't like her and I'm afraid my parents are going to think she's snobby and rich,"
I nodded.
"You're actually the only girl I've ever introduced to my parents,"
I chuckled a little, "What an honor," I said sarcastically and now he was laughing.
"We better get going to school,"
My face went from happy to worry in a split second. My stomach turned just thinking about going back there.
"Hey, I'll be there for when you need help, ok?" He said propping his head up with his hand. I slowly nodded before I literally rolled off the bed and we headed out.
The drive there made me even more nervous by the second. People are going to judge again and then it's going to be tomorrow all over again. And maybe there'll be more rumors that were spread that will ruin my life even more.
We parked and I grabbed my bag before we got out of the car. I just closed the door when I was stopped by guy who is on the football team, who also happened to be parked right next to us.
"Hey, are you ok after yesterday? I don't mean to make you upset or anything," he asked.
"It's fine and yes I'm ok just nervous for today-" I answered back right before I felt an arm snake their way around my shoulders and pulling me close. I looked up at him with knit eyebrows while his jaw was clenched and held onto me tightly.
"Have a good day, we've gotta go," Blake said before hurrying me inside the school.
"Jealous much?" I asked as we were getting confused looks from everybody. He snorted, trying to play it off cool.
"I'm not jealous,"
"Yes you are,"
I pulled away now that I was at my locker and he kept walking, I called to him,
"Thanks for making me feel safe," he turned around and I blew him a fake kiss. He sarcastically caught it before sticking up his middle finger and turning back around with a smirk plastered on his face.
'Jealous much?' Yeah, he was.

"Cheer practice is tonight, don't forget," Ella reminded us and we nodded.
"I don't mean to make you nervous or anything, but, what was your friends talking about yesterday?" Bree asked. She looked about as worried as I did. I felt a hand grab my own and I glanced at Blake who nodded. Now Bree looked confused so I let go. I don't want her to get any ideas, I also don't need my life to get any worse.
"My parents are abusive and have been basically my whole life. Allison and Aubrey were always there for me and when the nights would get rough, I would sneak out and stay at their houses until I came back a few days later. But that whole stupid rumor they said about how my siblings would help beat me, is a complete lie. My siblings have always been there for me, they even check on me every night to make sure I'm still ok. They're both so ignorant I can't believe it,"
I spoke everything on my mind and just let it out. I rubbed my face with my hands and ran my fingers through my hair. I felt arms come over and wrap around me and I saw it was all three of them.
"We're so sorry, I can't believe they would do that to you," Leah said.
"They aren't true friends," Ella said.
"They aren't my friends anymore, I can't believe I ever considered it,"
They all let go then Bree spoke up, "Let's go throw our stuff away and we can head to class, we can talk more after cheer if you want,"
I nodded and we walked out. I'm happy I found people who I can trust.

Bleh. This chapter was bad sorry. But I just wanted to say I'm going to start making my chapters shorter so that there isn't so much to read in one chapter. I will also be updating more since there will be more chapters because they're shorter.