Chapter 16: Maybe Next Time He'll Think Before He Cheats

November

I wish this never had to happen. You don't always get what you ask for. But I didn't ask for this.

"I'm sorry!" I heard Blake say from the other side of the locked bedroom door. He kept knocking and I buried my face in the pillows on my bed. My head hurt and I had tears spilling from my eyes.

Today a guy walked up to me at my locker at the end of the day and told me Bree and Blake were back together.

"I thought you two were still dating," the guy spoke. I closed my locker door with a confused look on my face.

"We are still dating..." I said slowly. He now looked confused.

"Then why were they holding hands in the halls?"

I saw him turn his gaze to behind me and he looked back at me. I turned around to see Blake pushing his way through everyone else.

"I have no idea, but thanks for telling me," I said as I hurried away and down the stairs. He tried talking to me in the parking lot but I told him we'll talk when we get home.

The car ride was silent, of course, and he parked in his driveway. I got out and ran inside the house. I locked my bedroom door behind me and this is when we've caught up with the current events.

"Sky, please, I'm sorry," he plead.

"Leave me alone," I whispered even though he wouldn't be able to hear me.

He kept knocking on the door and I knit my eyebrows together and fought the urge to get the door.

"Leave me alone!" I shouted. He stopped knocking and it was silent. I sniffed and sat up to see the door was still shut. I'm not falling for any jokes. I got up anyways and went over to the door and unlocked it before it bursted open.

"Please, Sky," he said following me out to the living room. I walked around the house looking for a place to go but he continued to follow.

I made it back to my room and he walked in behind me, "Please, I'm sor-"

"I should've known! How could I have been so stupid?" I shouted at him, tears already spilling out of my eyes.

"Look I'm sorry-" Blake tried to explain with sympathy written all over his face but I didn't care.

"Yeah I'm sorry too, I'm sorry that I ever even liked you, or thought I had a chance with you,"

"It was a misunderstanding! I swear!"

"How does that even happen? You're holding someone's hand and smiling and you already broke up with them? Or did you not?"

"I want to explain-"

"Did you break up with her or not?"

"Can I just talk?"

"Did you or did you not break up with Bree!"

"No I didn't ok! Calm the hell down!"

"Me? I'm the one who has to calm down? I don't know if you've noticed but you've been cheating on me for a whole month. You obviously don't even like me-"

"Don't say that,"

"It's true! Why else would you do that to me?"

He calmed down a bit and huffed, "I'm sorry, I promise it won't happen again,"

"I'm not believing anything you say unless you prove it. You don't even know what I've been going through lately,"

All he could do was look down to the ground and sigh. He looked back up at me, "Can you forgive me?"

I shrugged. I don't even know if I can after what he's done. Plus, what I've been through and still going through, he doesn't understand at all.

"Can I just-please. Please let me think about it. I need some sleep," I calmed down. It may only be right after school but I didn't feel like eating, I just wanted to lay here and think about everything. He nodded slightly before walking out and to his room. He slammed his door shut behind him and I jumped at the loud sound that rattled throughout the house.

I sniffed and I closed the door. I laid down on the floor and looked up at the ceiling. First I loose my friends, who I thought were my friends and now I almost lose him? What am I doing wrong here?

I want to leave but where would I go? I can't go to Bree's, not in this mess. Ella or Leah's? Maybe. But I know I'll regret it the second I get there. I just need to stay. Here. My phone went off with a text.

I sat up and grabbed my phone off my bed and looked at who the text was from before silently reading it to myself. By the time I was done, I could feel a tear roll down my cheek and I smiled. It was short but it had a massive, sweet, and amazing reason behind those eight words:

Blake: I think I'm falling in love with you