Chapter 13: Cause We're Terrified, Of What's Around The Corner

Brendon Urie^

I woke up in Blake's bed and rolled over to see him already awake. We smiled. I washed my face last night before we went to bed and he continued to tell me how beautiful I was. It made me feel like I wasn't worthless after all.
"Hey," he spoke quietly. We both had morning breath so we tried to limit our talking.
"Hey," I said back. He started to sit up and got out of his bed. I just laid there for a little. He came up behind after a little bit from getting dressed and gave me a kiss on my cheek.
"You have to get ready for school, it's Friday anyways," he whispered in my ear.
"How are we going to tell Bree about this?" I asked and his eyes grew a little.
"I-I....really don't know,"
"Let's just hope she doesn't find out,"

"What is going on between you two?" Bree asked in a serious voice with her arms crossed. Ok maybe she did find out and now we were goners. I glanced at Blake and he gulped.
"Tell me, I know there's something going on between you two,"
"There isn't anything going on," Blake tried to explain but she wasn't buying it. We were standing by his car in the parking lot since school just got out.
"Why do you hang out with each other so much now?"
"I feel bad for what she's been through, can't I be there for her?" Blake's voice raised a little bit.
"I understand that but why are you always whispering to each other when I'm around? Giving each other 'looks'?"
We couldn't deny that part because we do do that. I glanced at him and he did too before quickly looking away. We kissed last night. It was my first kiss. How do I tell her?
"Oh and I kissed your boyfriend last night, I hope you're fine with that."
It's not right! I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I don't want to lie to her.
"I hate having to say this..." I started and sighed. My stomach was hurting and it made me feel like I was going to throw up. Blake whispered to me,
"You don't have to tell her-"
"Yes I do, we can't lie forever. She's going to find out eventually,"
"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" She interrupted, still sounding pretty upset. Blake ran a hand over his face and turned around. I took in a breath and spit it out like ripping off a band-aid.
"Blake and I kissed,"
"I knew it! How could you?" She spat out and pointed at me.
"I'm sorry! It just happened,"
"How can stuff like that just happen?"
I sighed and she threw her arms up in the air. She started to walk away but I stopped her,
"Please Bree, I'm sorry! It won't happen again,"
She stopped and turned around and pointed a finger at Blake, "Why aren't you saying anything?"
He looked at her, "It was a misunderstanding,"
"Yeah right," she scoffed, "I'll see you both tomorrow, I have to think about this,"
She walked away to her car. I started to curse to myself and got in Blake's car. I closed the door and I muffled my screaming with my backpack. I stopped and put it back on the ground by my feet.
"I can't believe it! How did she find out anyways?" I yelled.
"Everything spreads like wildfire in this school," he said calmly before starting the car and looking at me.
"We'll try and explain again tomorrow, see if it'll work,"
"She sounded upset, I don't think she'll forgive us. Especially me,"
"She will,"
"Do you think the kiss was a mistake?"
He gave me a weird look and I rested my head in my hand.
"Do you?" He asked.
I shook my head and he pulled out of the parking space. I don't think it was a mistake at all, I just feel so bad and nervous that it had to happen like this.
"We'll talk to her tomorrow and see what she thinks. Otherwise, we'll explain again and see if we can make her believe what we said,"
I relaxed a little bit but I was still tensed up. Yes I like Blake, and I want to ask him out, but that's the problem: he's not single.
Why is life so hard?