I'll Be Good

Writers block is a bitch :(
Song used: I'll Be Good by James Young
Should I do a character/author ask?

_________________

Liam stands infront of his mirror, he takes in his reflection. A navy blue button up shirt, and black dress pants. Zayn had bought him these. Zayn. He doesn't understand why, but the thought of the raven haired lad sends chills down his spine, as if he had done Zayn wrong. As if Zayn was more than just a friend to him. But that's not possible, he loves Niall, atleast thats what he thinks. They've been going through certain problems. And Niall's been distant, it feels like he's found someone else.

Liam shakes the thoughts away and moves out of the bathroom into his bedroom. Tomorrow he'd be back at the compound. He missed everyone, Zayn the most and he has no idea why? He's always thinking about him. He looks at the empty bed and sighs. Looks like he'll be sleeping alone yet again. Niall has a tendency of spending the night away from the house. Liam has a tendency of letting it slide. He shakes his head one last time and gets into bed, not wanting the negative thoughts to take over his mind completely.

***

Zayn's staring at his ceiling, in a few hours he'll have to face Liam. He can't comprehend the fact that the universe is making him go throught all of this. Was the suffering he was going through two years ago not enough?

-Flashback-

"Zayn..." Harry speaks in an attempt to calm the sobbing boy in his arms. Zayn looks up at him, teary eyed and broken.

"Harry..." Zayn says, he stops to take a deep breath and stands up. He runs a hand through his face then tries to wipe away the tears. The two men sit in silence, until it's broken by Zayn.

"I swear I saw the devil, this morning while I was looking in the mirror," it's almost a whisper but the room is silent enough for Harry to hear it clearly.

"It was like a warning," Zayn reveals and Harry wants to speak up but the look on Zayn's face means that he should listen till the end.

"Like I should see myself clearer," Zayn shakes his head, a dry chuckle escapes his lips, it's the oposite of cheery, "I never meant to start a fire, and I never meant to make him leave, I'll be good. Haz I'll be good now, I'll love this world and him I'll love him so much for all the times that I never could. Please just bring him back" his voice is full of desperation. For the first time in two months, Harry has no idea what to say. So he listens, because Zayn's not finished.

"My past has tasted so bitter, for years now, and you know that all too well, so I yeild an iron fist, because grace is just weakness right?" Zayn stops and walks towards Harry, then sits down beside him and buries his head in Harry's shoulder.

"I know I've been cold and merciless. Locked inside this bedroom, but I just-" Zayn pauses, he looks Harry in the eyes.

"I want to be good, for all of the light that I shut out, all of the innocent things that I've doubt, all of the bruises that I've caused and the tears, and all of the things that I've done all these year," His voice goes away because he's crying once again and the pain is just too much. Harry wraps an arm around his shoulder and squeezes him for comfort. The two sit in silence the only sound in the room being the sound of Zayn's tears.

-End Of Flash Back-

Zayn cringes at the memory, the wetness in his eyes takes him by surprise because when he reaches his hand up to touch his face he realises that he's crying. He wipes his tears away. He's better now, he swore to himself that he would never let anyone get to him ever again, and he'll stick to that.