Epilogue

I know most of you might hate me, I'm so sorry :'( college got the best of me! But here is the last chapter! I hope i did justice to this story :(

(On a side note, the day i decided to update TRUMP WON xD i can't decide if i should laugh or cry)
______________________

                     September 2015

Zayn sighs as a single tear trickles down his cheek, he can't be bothered to wipe it away. The tension in the air feels as if it's only there to ear him away. Not every victory leave you happy, he has realised that now. This certainly is not how he wanted to feel after his team had won a war. They defeated Thanos, but at the cost of what? His best friend? An innocent lad who had his whole life ahead of him. Peter Parker.

A strong pair of arms wraps around his waist strattling him.
"Come back to bed" Liam's deep soothing voice whispere in Zayn's ears. He sighs in content and turns around as Liam pulls him in for a kiss. The touch of Liam's lips against his own makes Zayn's toes curl and all he feels is pure estacy. For a moment, all his worries are drained and all he cares about is the man he loves and lives for. A moan escapes Zayn's lips, it makes Liam smile; the older man pulls away and takes Zayn into a tight embrace.

"We have the funeral tommorrow, you need to sleep" Liam whispers, as if he's afraid that he might break Zayn if he spoke loudly. Zayn shakes his head voilently as it's buried in Liam's neck.

"I can't sleep" Zayn speake in his croaked voice. He hears Liam sigh, as if in defeat. The brown haired lad lets go of him and looks his eyes.

"I love you, and it's killing me to see you this way, it wasn't your fault, please stop blaming yourself" Liam says in a pleading tone. Tears well up in Zayns eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry" He starts nsaying repeatedly, Liam has to pull him into another embrace to calm him down.

"Zayn..." Liam whispers his name, it's almost soothing, but Zayn just wants to be alone right now. He can't deal with anything, nor anyone. But he doesn't have the heart to say it to Liam, who is just trying to help.

In the death of the night, Liam eventually retreated to bed. But Zayn stayed. He stayed until every fiber of his body ached and he stayed until he couldn't take it anymore.
God give sustenance.
God give sustenance to me.

***

The bright Sun rays greet Zayn, it feels so bettersweet. It's Peter's burial day. Normally you'd expect rain on a funeral. But the Sun shines in all its glory, almost making Zayn smile a little. Because ofcourse Peter would want to be sent away like this. On a bright Sunday morning. Birds chippering, people passing by, on with their lives, not a care for whats going around them. No worries.

Zayn exits the compound to find Liam, Harry and Louis waiting by the car. They're all wearing black suits with black ties. The appropriate attire. Zayn feels his tears welling up at the thought of where they're headed, but last night he promised himself that he wouldn't cry. Peter wouldn't want that. Liam smiles at him and he tries to smile back, he reaches for Liam's hand and takes a hold of it, pleasantly surprising the older man. Zayn gives a nod to Harry, who smiles at him and says hello. Louis doing the same. They sit in the car and head for the ceremony.

***

"Good afternoon and welcome to you all. We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of  Peter Parker and honour hismemory. My name is Cathy Oliver, and I conduct this service as a representative of the Ontario Humanist Society. Humanism is a non-religious, ethical life-stance based on reason and compassion; humanists work toward a more humane and responsible world and are committed to making the most of their one life on this earth. We will reflect today on the ways that Peter Parker lived by those principles and touched each of our lives; we will share memories of him and we will be reminded that, although it is hisdeath that has brought us together today, it is his life that we celebrate. With that in mind, our time together today will allow us to share happy thoughts as well as sad thoughts, and memories that bring us smiles as well as tears." The lady speaks as she stands behind the podium.