viii

Chapter 8; beautiful farewell

▬▬▬▬▬

The sweet smell of fruits coming from the kitchen woke me up, when my eyes are open wide, my heart skipped a beat to find a tray of food (a sandwich with strawberries and blueberries also a watermelon juice) beside me instead of that moron.

"Jin?!" I call out his name loudly as I sit up straight and carry the tray to my lap. There were no traces of him, no sounds, but I stay still and I reach my hands to my hair to tie in ponytails. "Jinnie, where are you?"

A few bites later, the door was opened by a tall man with brown coat and a classic hat. "Good morning," he said when he turns his head to look at me wide awake, stuffing the food he made into my mouth. "How was the sandwich?"

I give him a thumb up with my free hand, "Where did you go?" I ask him once he pulls his coat and hat off. He's already showered and his sweater looks nice; a baby blue sweater with an umbrella illustrated on it.

"I was buying some newspaper at the gas station," he replied. I yawned once I finish the sandwich, and then I drink the juice until the last drop. "Are you going to take a shower here?" asked Jin after he sees me put down the glass.

"Yeah, I think so...that's fine right?"

Last night we watched some movies just like the last time, and it was really late so he told me to sleep in. I refused at first because I didn't take a shower yet, but he gave me his unused towel, his pyjamas and let me use the bathroom.

Jin let out a light laugh, "Of course it's fine!" he exclaimed. I pull the duvet away from my feet as I stand up and get the towel I used last night. "Hey Wendy, let's go out today..." it sounded like he was asking me on a date, but I understand that he needs a friend right here, right now.

I smiled to him warmly, "Sure, just let me take a shower first." He laughed a bit and said a soft yeah before I enter the bathroom.

***

We headed to my flat first, because I need to change my clothes. Jin is sitting down on my bed, playing video games in his phone just to keep his eyes away from me. "So are you going to come back again next month?" he asked such an obvious question.

I pull down my dress and make sure it fits my body well, "Yeah...hopefully," the pink silk dress made me look like I'm eighteen years old, and it gave me this sweet feeling like pink colours are above you—as if this is a date but no. "Why?" this dress was a gift from Jin that day because he said he never sees me with skirts or any fancy clothes.

"I don't want to miss you for so long," he said, making me cringed. Then he makes funny sounds while playing the game. "Hey, do you think we'll meet again here?"

"I hope not, I don't want to see your ugly face," I joked which he just laughed out loud and swore at the end of his laughter. "I don't if there's a chance? Who knows maybe you got hit by a bulldozer."

"Now that's cruel," we laughed. I brushed my hair and let it down, and then I wear my flat shoes before walk to my bed to show Jin my appearance. His eyes lifted from his video games to me, "Woah!" his jaws dropped and he clapped his hands as I spin around and give a slight bow.