xxiii

Oh Wendy

"Take deep breaths, Wendy. It's going to be alright, okay?" mum patted my shoulders with an assuring smile plastered on her face. "Now look at you, he'll stop the wedding for sure!"

Dad rolled his eyes and crossed his arms on his chest. "Just don't put your hopes too high, sometimes things can go wrong," he warned without looking at me.

I nodded my head before I hugged him. "Wish me luck, dad." He smiled while ruffling my hair. "Dad, you know that it took hours to make it look cute!"

"Don't start a fight now, you'll be late! Now go find your Peter Pan!" mum exclaimed while pushing my body to walk forward. "Take care, we love you!"

It was the day of his wedding day and I decided to go there—maybe something could happen; like he would stop the wedding and tell everyone that he loved me instead or he would runaway with me once he sees me.

The flight took hours for me to arrive at South Korea and also a few minutes for me to get a cab. I couldn't feel my heart at that time because I was panicking and scared of failing—it was my last chance to get him back either as my best friend or my lover.

I was supposed to be amazed and awed by the sight of Korea but the feeling of anxious was too strong, so I couldn't feel anything but scared. His wedding ceremony was at a Hotel; a big luxurious hotel to be precise.

After paying the driver, I rushed inside while holding my purse. Every time I passed a few windows and mirrors, I realised that I looked terrible—even though it was winter, beads of sweats were rolling down my face and the worse of all was that I looked like someone about to die in a few more seconds.

Then there was guards standing beside the door, one of them asked me something in their language. I shook my head and told them that I didn't understand in English and then I pulled out the invitation that Jin gave.

They nodded their head before opening the door for me to enter. My jaws dropped to see at the hall; it was breathtaking—how everyone was there sitting patiently with grace, the sweet scent and beautiful things made my heart dropped.

"Wendy," someone whispered my name—I almost thought that it was Jin but as I looked further, it was Jackson with his boyfriend, waving his hand for me to see. I forced a smile and acted so sweet like a fair lady.

I approached his table. "Hey," I breathed out before my eyes grew wide when I saw my name on the chair beside Jackson.

"He reserved the seat for you, come here..." Jackson explained while patting the chair. I nodded my head as I walked slowly to take a sit beside him. "I don't know why I'm saying this but thank you for coming."

"I have something to tell you," I whispered to him and then I told him everything that I found which he just smiled lopsidedly.

He cleared his throat carefully and I watched him acting weirdly—I didn't even realise that he looked good in that tux and not to mention his boyfriend; it was a sad thing that both of them weren't straight because I would've date one of them instead of Jin.

I'm kidding.

"You see, Jin waited for you to answer his question for a long time but you left him sad. You probably didn't see it but he liked you ever since you two met...that are what he told me. But Wendy, he's going to get married and there's no chance for you to take him back..."

I was lost in reality once he finished talking. I tried to act calm but the anger inside me was built strongly as I was about to burst into flames. I clenched my jaws once he walked along the aisle with his charming smile.

He looked like the happiest man; the typical groom who waited his bride for such long time. I was such a fool to come at his wedding and waited for something to happen—of course, something was happening and it was his wedding.

I swallowed my tears when his bride walked gracefully with her father along the aisle. She was too beautiful that I couldn't dare to stare. I flicked my eyes to look at him back—there he was smiling so proudly, patiently and lovingly.

"Wendy, your heart is frail therefore get out from this hall before you shudder," I whispered very softly so that no one could hear me. I wiped the tear that had fallen from my eyes. "Jackson, I need to go to the restroom," I told him as I stood up.

I walked along the corner, carefully not to disturb anyone, especially him. I didn't understand their language but I knew that he vowed for their marriage—I let another tear fall from my eyes before I continued to walk alone.

"Good bye, Jin..." I muttered under my breath once I turned around. I was glad that he didn't see me because I was just his best friend. Honestly, I knew something hurtful would happen already so I wrote a letter before I came to Korea.

I handed the letter to the bodyguards. "Can you please give this to Kim Seokjin?" I asked them slowly as I pronounced my English. They nodded their head and thanked me in their language.

After that day, I stayed at my hometown and study without thinking back—I was heartbroken, yes but there was no need for me to remember him. He probably forgot me already—he had his wife, the love of his life.

"Thank you for everything, Jin," I sent him the first and the last voicemail because then I deleted his number and his pictures. He might be the reason to my breaking heart but he was my best friend and he remained as the special person in my heart. 

{Since school starts tomorrow at my country, I can't update much now but hey, wouldn't be some kind of a teasing for you guys to wait? c; well anyway, i'll try to finish this book before my pre-qualifying exam which is by next two weeks! I can only one chapter today because i have school tmr and tomorrow morning is a boring subject and i shouldn't fall asleep! Thank you for reading}