xxii

Kim Seokjin

The sky was bright blue and the clouds were flowing slowly together covering the sun. Everyone was doing their works; a few of them were reading and a few more were doing so research in their laptop. How many pages were flipped, how many hours did I stay in the library and how many tears did I let them fall?

I watched everyone leaving and coming, sitting and standing; laughing and smiling but there I was crying and hurting over yesterday's story. There was a box of tissue beside me and also two hardcover books that I took from the shelf.

It felt surreal; the tears, the news, the confession and the heartbreak.

"Wendy? Are you okay?" I didn't know whose voice was that but I nodded my head once I wiped my tears. "You don't look like you're okay though."

I lifted my head; it was his friend, the teacher guy named Jackson. "Hey," I greeted him instead of replying his statement.

"You look so awful, do you mind if I take a sit?" he asked politely, which out of a sudden he reminded me of him when we first met in the library. I didn't want to cry again but a tear escaped making me look weak.

He patted my shoulder as a way to comfort me. "I'm sorry for crying in front of you," I breathed out gently not to sob.

"Its fine, I knew you'd cry anyway," he flashed his friendly smile before he took out a paper and a pen. "I'll be back to Korea in a few; do you want to write a letter for him?"

I had second thoughts about it and then I shook my head. "I don't want to cry a river here and I think I already told him enough yesterday," I told him with a tight smile.

"I'm not really the type to get serious but I can be your ears today, so you can just punch me with your true feelings inside your heart."

"Thanks but I don't want to talk about it..." I sighed. I was kind of glad that Jackson was there for me because I didn't want him to be there. "So, what's your favourite thing to do?"

He was there to be my reason to laugh—the sun was arising, at least he made me see the sun a little. He told me about his life at different countries, his friends, his works and his dog.

To be honest, I was scared that he would like me at first—I didn't want to sound like a bitch though, I mean why was he trying his hard to make me laugh right? Fortunately, he just wanted to be friends with me since I was friends with Jin.

He even told me about his boyfriend; honestly I was shocked to know that he was homosexual but as an open minded person I was, I just told him that they were cute together. He showed me his boyfriend's picture and told me every of his moment.

His name was Mark and both of them were foreigners in Korea. I also knew that Jackson wasn't born homosexual; he was in fact straight like some guys. He had his heart broken when he was sixteen by a lot of girls. It wasn't a really great idea but since he was tired of being hurt by girls, he developed feelings to a guy and his name was Mark.

I actually found his story sad but adorable. I was too immersed by his story that I forgot the time. "Thanks for staying with me," I hugged him once we were outside the library.

"With pleasure my love, but please don't follow my path even though you're heartbroken," he advised me with a wink. There was still some part of me didn't want to believe that he was homosexual because dear lord, he was good looking.