xxiv

365 days

There was a little smile formed on my lips as I held the white daisy in the middle of the other variety flowers on one small pot. I adored daisies ever since—they're not just beautiful, daisies tend to make my heart in delight.

"Cute ring," a familiar voice had spoken beside me. I glanced to my ring and my smiled grew wider than before.

I pulled the daisy closer to my nose as I tried to sniff the scent—there was no strong scent but I liked it anyway. "Thanks, someone special gave it to me..." I replied.

The colour emerald became my favourite colour because of the ring and the word; bohemian was one of the reasons I stayed positive for all those months I had being alone.

"What does it mean?" he asked as his traced the words on the ring.

"I don't actually know but he told me that I am someone who loves at everything, I live a spirited life and I believe in truth, freedom and love," I didn't know why I was explaining the meaning to him. "...but actually there's no meaning about it anymore, I should've throw it—"

"No, don't throw the ring!"

I widened my eyes when he raised his voice. Slowly, I turned my head to look at my side and my heart dropped to see his face. He was beautiful as ever just like the early summer and late winter—sweetly good looking.

"How are you, Wendy?"

A year, it was a perfect one year that I left him behind—although he didn't left my mind, I focused on myself for a year and I became a physiotherapist already within the year.

I came back to Brooklyn for a few months break since I missed the scent of my flat and also the view of everything.

"I'm good, and you—Jin?" I couldn't finish what I was saying because he had already embraced me in his warm hug. "Jin, are you insane?" I tried pushing him away but he was as always strong and how could I deny it that I missed his hugs too.

"I miss you Wendy," he whispered—those three words he said was always haunting me and there was no way I could ignore them.

I hugged him back though because I knew I had no other chance to get him close enough. "I miss you too..." I patted his shoulder softly. "...but Yoonha will get mad at you."

He then pulled away the hug slowly. "You didn't know?" he asked with his cheeky smile. I arched my brows in confusion and right before I asked him, he already interlocked his hand with mine and dragged me out from the flower shop.

We entered the usual coffee shop we went and I couldn't be grateful enough to stare at his face closely. "How have you been doing?" I asked with a wide grin.

"I've been doing great but at the same time, I felt lonely without you."

His answer caused my face to drop. "Are you out of your mind? You have your wife with you," I spat with a scoff escaped after.

"What are you talking about, I never had a wife, Wendy..." he then flashed his smirk that I found threatening. I opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me with a kiss on my lips—everyone would know that my knees grew weak just by a simple kiss.

"Are you crazy?" my eyes were wide as my hand was bawled into a fist. "Jin—" and he hushed me with another kiss that drove me crazy. His lips that I had thought was sinful had become my favourite; there was no stopping as I was already enjoyed by the pleasure.

He pulled away and there was a cheeky smirk playing on his lips. "The wedding was cancelled right after you walked out, I saw you and I stopped the wedding but Yoonha saw someone so she also stopped the wedding."

His explanation was too short but my mind was over-flooded with questions. "So you were..." I tried not to smile but I was too happy to hear that he didn't get married.

He reached his hand for mine, gently he caressed my palm. "I was alone, thinking of ways to get you back. I waited for a year for you, every month I came here to find you but you were just not coming back."

I couldn't contain my feelings causing my grins grew wider. "Oh Jin," I was speechless and of course happy—it was as if the flowers in my heart had bloom; my sadness had burst from their realm and there I was smiling so enthusiastically.

"Wendy, I love you..." he said while staring into my eyes. "I'm sorry for making you confuse...but you also confused me though," he chuckled lowly before he explain; "I remember when we had twenty questions and I asked you that if you ever like me in a heart kind of you...and you answered that you liked me as a friendly way. You played my heart first Wendy, there was something beautiful in your eyes and it was love but you kept denying it."

He laughed a little while squeezing my hand gently. "I didn't want to admit it first," I pouted my lips as I answered. He rolled his eyes playfully and then he pinched my nose.

"Well, would you admit it now since I already did?"

I narrowed my eyes and hummed softly. "I kind of...I'm engaged—" his face suddenly dropped and his grips were slowly loosen. "With Jackson and Mark!" I continued with a loud laugh. "Oh god, you should have seen your face, Jin!"

He pulled away his hand and he frowned. "You're playing with my feelings again," he clenched his jaws like he was really angry.

"Oh come on, you can't be mad at me just like that," I poked his cheeks with my finger. "I love you too...it sounds cliché but I love you to the moon and back." He looked at me with a cheeky smile. "Idiot," I muttered before leaning in to kiss his cheek.

{Alright, I had no homeworks today but there won't be update tomorrow because I have a biology practical on Wednesday and I need to study about food test and osmosis and leaves and shits! (my teacher just told me this last night like wtf?) so I hope u liked this chapter because I had been smiling hehe eventho I have a migraine right now. BYE EVERYONE WISH ME LUCK FOR MY PRACTICAL I LOVE U ALL}