xii

Chapter 11: Midnight Rendezvous

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I had fallen in love with the sweet scent of early summer—although it had no smelling, please understand what I had meant; I love the kisses of summer in Brooklyn.

Even though I was jealous about his relationship with his teacher aka girlfriend, I still hung out with him in Brooklyn, since like what he had said; I was his great escapes of reality and he loved my accompanied as a friend—ugh, how much I hate the fact that I was just a friend to him.

I was walking to my bed, readily going to sleep but not to my expectation; there was soft knocking on the window. So I have a check through a window and smiled once I spotted him standing with stones in his hands.

So I opened the window and revealed my face to him. "What are you doing, mister?" I asked him as he finally dropped the stone on the ground.

"Are you sleepy?" he asked with a very loud voice. I looked over the clock wall as it tells that it was almost eight. "I can't sleep..." he added.

I sighed. "Well, you can sleep here if you want to—" I stopped talking as I could see that something had in his mind. "Where do you want to go exactly?"

"If I tell you, will you go with me?"

It wasn't that I had any other choice. He was my friend, my happiness and wherever he goes, I go. "Sure, but let me change first," I said before closing the window as I left him there.