xxiii

somewhere in neverland

It was already March and I decided to not go to Brooklyn because I knew that going there would only made me sad. It was boring but it was better than crying over spilt milk. Just that something was bothering me—him, his words and the packages.

He told me that he had thousands words that he couldn't say. He told me that I played with his feelings. He asked more than one time but my answers hurt him more. He showed me but I left him unsaid.

He asked if I opened the packages which I haven't and then he asked if I listened to the mixtape and I did—however I couldn't find anything.

"I don't get it..." I turned my head to look at the packages. "Should I open them now?"

I knew it was impossible but somehow I felt something uplifting like those packages could change everything. So I walked towards it and then I crouched down to sit in a cross legged style.

There were sixteen packages for me to unwrap. I took a deep breath before I held the first book that was on top. I closed my eyes tightly while unwrapping the package—my breathing was low yet unsteady.

I opened my eyes back once it was fully unwrapped. I frowned to see a novel book with the title 'Words I Couldn't Say' by Tessa Teevan. I sighed a little before proceeding to the next packages.

It took me an hour or so to unwrap all the sixteen packages and all of them were novel books that looked extremely exciting. "I don't get it..." I muttered under my breath.

Then I arranged the books according to the number of packages when I received it. I picked the first book again and then I flipped through the pages. I stopped when there was a paper at the end of the book.

"Wendy, there are just so many words I couldn't say."

I picked the second book and the title was 'We Were Liars' by E. Lockhart. So I flipped the pages and there was a paper again.

"You know that we were liars, forever liars."

The third book was 'Ugly Love' by Colleen Hoover and the paper inside was "We had an ugly love but somehow it was beautiful."

I had been frowning throughout the day while checking the books. There were papers in each book. "Was the number—" I looked at every of the books once more and suddenly it struck me.

The first book until the end was all a message—one meaningful message that he told me about thousands words that he couldn't say.

From the first book again was; "Wendy, there are just so many words I couldn't say."

Then the second book was; "You know that we were liars, forever liars."

And then the third book was; "We had an ugly love but somehow it was beautiful."

The fourth book was 'Perfect Chemistry' by Simone Elkeles and he wrote; "We always had the perfect chemistry, I was glad that I approached you that day."

Then the words continued with the title of the books; 'Maybe Someday' by Colleen Hoover, 'Just One Day' by Gayle Forman and then 'See Me' by Nicholas Sparks. I giggled when there was a sticky note that was written; 'You would' before the title 'See Me.'

"Maybe it was the fault in our stars, however..." was from the book 'The Fault in Our Stars'. Then continued with the title book again of 'By Your Side' by Kasie West. Also continued with the book with a sticky note; 'was a' before 'Beautiful Disaster' by Jamie Mcguire.

After that, there was no more papers in each books—just the book titles. I covered my mouth as a tear escaped once I figured everything out. I reread it again and again. I didn't want to believe it but the words just couldn't help me from smiling.

'Wendy, there are just some many words I couldn't say. You know that we were liar, forever liars. We had an ugly love but somehow it was beautiful. We always had the perfect chemistry, I was glad that I approached you that day. Maybe someday, just one day you would see me. Maybe it was the fault in our stars, however by your side was a beautiful disaster. Everything, Everything, A walk to remember, Everything we keep, Until you. P.S I love you, always you.'

Then I rushed to the stereo and played the mixtape. I fast forwarded them until his favourite song played. I tried to calm myself as I listened to the song.

"Wendy run away with me, I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me? I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance, a better reality."

And the song continued; "Wendy we can get away. I promise if you're with me, say the word and we'll find a way. I can be your lost boy, your last chance. Your "everything better" plan...somewhere in Neverland."

"He..." I scratched my nape and listened to the song multiple times. Then I suddenly remembered the time when we were on bed together. He said that he wanted to be Peter Pan and that he was lonely and needed Wendy. Then he said Peter Pan felt something to Wendy and he loved Wendy Darling even though he waited for her and kept his promise but Wendy got married. "I was Peter and he was Wendy!"

And Wendy Darling had loved Peter from the start!

{I suck a lot here! I hope you understand about the packages though. The books he sent were the message, the titles, so she put it all together to put a real monologue that he couldn't say. A few more chapters by the way and I'll add the mixtape after the story ends.}