His Skype

(before you continue to read, please listen to this song because you will love it)

"A best friend will always be a best friend..." his words felt like fresh in my head and my heart ached whenever I remembered.

I had been so emotional ever since I left New York—I listened to sentimental songs and my mother just gave me the latest album of Ed Sheeran and there was one song that completely relates to my miserable one-sided life.

The name of the song was 'Dive' and it was such a beautiful song that it made me cry every time I listened. "So don't call me baby, unless you mean it! Don't tell me you need me, if you don't believe it—shit."

I quickly got off from my bed once I saw a notification popped out from my Macbook. Jin had sent me a message through Skype, telling me to video call with him.

Before I could show myself on the screen, I hurriedly brushed my hair and wore a light and very slight makeup...and also cute floral cotton on sweater that I bought a few days ago.

I lowered down the volume of the song but I could still here it because at least I wasn't lonely for experiencing the one-sided love, I mean, I got Ed with me.

"Hi," we both greeted each other at the same time—god, I didn't understand why my heart pounded so fast even though I was hurt knowing we were forever best friends.

He flashed his gorgeous smile and I couldn't help but to stare his lips. "So, how are you?" and I stopped once he asked.

I pinched my nose before I showed him my toothy smile. "I'm good...I just finished a few assignments. H-how about you, how are you?" I let out a fake giggle when he gave me a strange look.

"I also finished a few works for my students. So..." There was something wrong—like he was controlling himself there because he wasn't saying the things he wanted to say. "...how have you been?"

"I swear it was only a few seconds when I told you that I'm good," I blurted out causing the both of us to laugh—but his laugh was faked—like I said something was wrong. "Are you okay?"

His eyes rounded in surprised. "W-what makes you think I'm not okay? I'm always okay..." he faked another laugh while rubbing his nape. "Anyway, there's someone I need to show you."

I knew who that someone he was referring too but at the same time I wanted to believe that probably that he wanted me to greet his parents or friends.

A few seconds after, a beautiful woman came into the picture—she had the prettiest smile and her gaze was sincere. I just couldn't think something bad about her; she was somehow like a true angel.

"Hello, my name is Park Yoonha," she introduced herself and bowed too. I smiled (a real genuine smile) to her and introduced myself to her too. She wasn't fluent in English and her accent was a bit off but I understood her in other way.

"You're very beautiful..." because it was true that she was so beautiful and I understood why he loved her.

She giggled. "But you are more beautiful, Wendy," she said making my life even more miserable—because this wasn't like the books or movies when your best friend has a bitchy girlfriend, no, his girlfriend was a goddess and I just wanted to cry a river.