He stands up for you

You were at a nearby park watching Grayson and Ethan pass the lax (lacrosse) ball to each other. They never stopped practicing even during off season and both really wanted to make Varsity their Junior year.

"Y/n come here!" Grayson called you over. You walked over to him praying he didn't want you to try and catch the ball with the lax stick. You played one season of it... In the fifth grade....

When you reach over to him, he passed you his new STX lax stick (lol I played lacrosse).

"Grayson, I don't think this is a good idea" Ethan whispered loudly on purpose.

"I heard that Ethan" you replied. Ethan laughed.

"My girl can do anything" Grayson replied wrapping his arms around your waist. He then quickly kissed you.

"You guys are gross" Ethan mumbled. You rolled your eyes laughing a little.

Grayson secured the stick into your hand and placed them where they should be.

"Ok babe, Ethan is going to pass you the ball and you will catch it"

"Grayson I'm not 3 and I've played before" you joked with him.

"Ok, ok" He said placing his hands up.

Ethan passed you the ball. Guys usually have a more aggressive way of passing, leading for the ball to go faster, but you were prepared and caught the ball with ease.

"See" you directed towards Ethan who acted shocked. You dropped the lax stick on the ground.

Behind Ethan, you spotted a couple of girls probably around the age of 16 whispering. They pointed at you and laughed making it obvious who the subject was on. Grayson noticed as well and didn't hesitate to make his way over.

"Gray it's ok" you told him, following from behind. It bothered you, however he may just make it worse.

"No it's not. No one makes fun of my girl"

He approached the girls and grabbed  your hand. Grayson was way taller than them making him seem intimidating.

"If you have anything to say about my girlfriend do it in front of my face. Girls like you get nowhere in life."

You had a smile on your face because this was the first time Grayson stood up for you.

"Oh my god we didn't realize you were Grayson Dolan!" "We're so sorry. You are really pretty! I wish I was you!" The girls started sucking up to him.

Grayson looked like he was about to say something out of annoyance so you pulled him away before things got out of hand.

"They just don't get it."

"I know Gray, but thank you for talking to them" you smiled at him. He looked down at you and smiled back, kissing the top of your forehead.

"You have the most beautiful smile ever" he whispered in your ear.

You felt yourself blush a little and looked down.

He pulled you closer into him and placed a hand around your waist as you walked back to the game.