40

60 years later

"Xena," a voice whispered and someone gently shook her, waking her from sleep.

"What," she mumbled and pushed the person away.

"Get up," the voice was clear now, and Xena recognized that it belong to her brother.

In protest, Xena pulled her blankets up high and turned her back to him only to roll into the man that slept on the other side of her bed. Quickly she rolled away from him in shame and got out of bed.

Her brother stood before her, her dressing gown in his hand. She grabbed the black fabric from her brother and pulled it on over the black night dress she wore.

Together her and her brother walked from her room and out into the palace hall. Xena was still not used to being in the palace without feeling some kind of terror, waiting for her father to show up around a corner.

"You will give yourself a bad reputation if people find out how man men you take to bed," her brother said condescending, his hand clasp behind is back in a regal way.

Xena rolled her eyes, "you know very well that I don't care what people say about me. Besides I never do anything with them,"

Jarl looked down at her as the walked out into a garden. The grass was soft under Xena's bare feet and a cool breeze chilled her heated body. "Then we do you invite them to bed?"

Xena didn't answer as her and her brother took a seat at a stone table. She stared at the rose cover bushed surrounding them.

It took her so long to get over the fact that her and Loki were probably never going to see each other again.

When her and Jarl returned back home there was so much chaos to deal with that she barely had time to think. First they had to deal with the fact that everyone wanted her dead. It took many many weekend for people to accept that Jarl and their Aunt were not going to imprison or condemn her to death. After that people just started to ignore her, something she was very fond of.

Second they had to deal with Jarl becoming king. They crowned him as soon as they returned and the Aunt started giving him advice on everything about ruling. It made Xena mad at first, if their Aunt knew so much about being a ruler then why didn't she just take the throne. It took time for Xena to see that her Aunt wasn't right to rule. The things she taught Jarl were rash and radical. However when Jarl applied her teaching he did so in a concise and benevolent way; a way to appease the people but also keep them in line. A way that coincided with that of Alfheim.

Jarl made a fine king.

Their third problem was directed back to her, though. After a few weeks of dealing with all the stress from her people and trying to help Jarl in anyway she could, Jarl decided that he wanted her to be head of the army.

The conversation didn't turn out well. Jarl insisted that she would be perfect for the job, but Xena fought back with the knowledge that no one wanted her there, let alone be apart of the ruling in any type of way.

After weeks of talking and delegating Jarl finally convinced and Xena and some of their people that she was the best person for the job.

Soon Xena was immersed in trying to get her recruits and trainees to accept she didn't want to kill them and that she was doing everything in her power just to help them. Her life consisted of training her people and teaching them everything she new.

Years passed, Xena kept herself occupied, and tried not to think of Loki, but at night it was the hardest not to let her mind wonder to the memories of Loki kissing her, of how his hand felt as they caressed her body, how his voice sounded I'm her ear as he come undone inside her.