43

Loki just proposed. Xena couldn't think of what to say. She never thought that he would say those words, she never believed that he would want her for that long.

She didn't know how much time had past since he asked her to marry him but just as she was about to say yes a woman spoke from behind her.

At the woman's words Loki's eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched. "No," he breathed  almost inaudibly as he looked up from Xena and his eyes found the woman.

Xena turned to see who was there and came to find a talk, thin, beautiful woman standing at the the bottom of the steps. Her hair cascaded down her back in gold tendrils and her lips pouted ever so slightly and were the color of blood. Her eyes burned emerald greens, like Loki's, and her chest was perfectly rounded with immaculate breast. She was Loki's counterpart, but as a woman. She was everything Xena thought Loki wanted.

"I thought you were dead," Loki asked through gritted teeth. He griped Xena close and pulled her slightly behind him.

"My darling," she whispered as she ascended the stairs toward them, her voice carrying in a way that made even Xena weak at the knees, "I thought you knew you could never get ride of me."

Loki breathed heavily as the woman came to stand before them. She was just fractionally shorter than Loki but towered over Xena. Xena stepped out from behind Loki, not wanting the woman to think her weak and needing protecting.

She stood by Loki's side, griped his hand in hers and ask, "who are you?"

The woman glared down at Xena and then at her and Loki's interlocked hands. Her lips curved ever so slightly and she gazed Xena right in the eye.

"I'm Sigyn," she answered, "Loki's wife."

The end of part 1