about liking the color orange | 09

kyle hastings | the cousinabout liking the color orange | 09

about liking the color orange | 09

Axel,

Of all the things I can talk about, this is the first thing I can think about— your favorite color. Pretty pathetic, if you tell me. I know you better than that, Axel. Goddamnit, I'm your cousin. I spent the majority of my life with you. I know your likes and dislikes, the things you prefer, what your dreams and aspirations are, the people you love, the passions you want to pursue in life. I know all of that, but the only thing I can speak about it is your fucking favorite color.

Orange.

You like the color orange.

It's an uncommon color to like, honestly. I mean, if you ask someone random on the street, the more popular answer might be blue or green or anything in between. Or maybe it would be purple or red or black. I don't know, but it's just not... orange. It might just be me, but it really feels like that.

     But it's you, and you like orange, and you don't fucking care what anyone has to say about the color you like because there are still those types of people who feel like the need to comment on it.

     You like the color orange and its shades, and that's that. You like when it's neon and bright and absolutely eye-catching. You like when it's the orange in a sunrise or sunset soft and beautiful and warm. It's so much like you, actually. Axel, you're spontaneous and full of life, but then again, you have those moments where you're quiet and pensive about the life around you. Sometimes, it's impossible to capture a certain color, but damn, you do it right.

     I don't even know what made you start liking it, but do we ever know? For example, I like green, but I don't know why. Maybe I saw something one day and thought, 'that looks really cool'. Maybe it was like that for you, or there could've been some big story behind it. It was so insignificant that I never asked, but now that you're gone, I wish I could've learned about the meaning behind all of your favorites.

     It's the little things that make you as a whole. So, maybe I don't regret choosing this little thing about you because it tells a great story. 

     Love ya, man.

See you on the other side,
Kyle Hastings

______________________________

okay, almost forgot about this book lmao. I was busy working on Where It Began (and still not done ahahahaha. Yey procrastination). Whoops. But here's an update!

Hope you cried and enjoyed!

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL

•vote•comment•follow•