Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

“Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” ~ Nicholas Sparks in A Walk to Remember

The next day, Harry and I were on the grounds having a picnic when Clancy walked towards us and said that the Queen needed to speak with Harry about something that was deemed urgent. So instead of me spending my day with Harry in London, Clancy decided to give me a history lesson about Harry’s ancestors. 

“This is is Harry’s grandmother, Queen Rebecca; she passed away two years ago when Harry was twenty-one, she died a day after he graduated from university,” Clancy said while pointing at a picture of an elegant woman, “George and Helena took place as king and queen when Rebecca’s husband, Philip, passed away when Harry was two.” 

I learned so many interesting facts about the royal family, one fact that surprised me being that Queen Helena opened up several children hospitals in the UK after she discovered that she could not have anymore children after Harry. I didn’t realize that people actually liked her; rude I know. But I was shocked to learn that she is not so filled with hatred to others like she is to me. 

Turns out, she is only like this when she feels threatened and under attack. I don’t understand why she feels threatened and under attack with me around; but Clancy explained that because Harry likes me so much, Helena is worried that I will take him away from her. Which made Helena have a lot of respect in my eyes. 

After learning everything I could possibly know about Harry’s family, Harry still wasn’t back from speaking with his mother. So Clancy decided to take me into the kitchen and teach me how to make Banoffee pie. Which turned into a huge mess. 

Clancy may be the main butler (there are at least three others here), but he’s very young. He’s in his mid thirties, he’s been the main butler here since he was twenty, when Harry was eight. Even though they are twelve years apart, Harry and Clancy have a bond you cannot miss; they are definitely like brothers. 

Harry chose the time to come in and find me while Clancy and I were covered in flour; like covered head to toe in the stuff. I am definitely going to need to take another shower as soon as possible. I had just poured a huge cup of flour on Clancy’s head when I heard someone clear their throat; when I turned around to see Harry standing behind us with amusement written clearly on his face. 

"Mother wishes to speak with you, dear." Harry said to me. 

Instantly my posture straightend; why would Helena want to speak with me? She hates me. 

Harry took my arm and took us to our wing of the palace and waited while I showered and changed into flour-free clothing. After I was changed, Harry walked with me to Helena's study where she was waiting for me. 

"Hello, dear. Harry will you please give us a moment alone? I would like to have a word with Melissa." Helena said to Harry the moment we walked into her study doors. I saw Harry nod and then felt him kiss my hair before leaving me with his mother.

The same woman who hates my guts. No big deal, right?