Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

"Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living" ~ Anonymous

It's been about a week since Jessica and I found out I was pregnant. The only other person I have told is Claudia. When we returned to the bridal shop, Jessica and I pulled Claudia aside and told her. Claudia was able to pull some strings and made me an appointment at Saint Thomas' Hospital to find out if I am actually pregnant, because pregnancy tests can give you a false positve, and how far along I am. 

Claudia worked pretty hard in getting me that appointment; because that same day I took those three pregnancy tests, we were at Saint Thomas' waiting for the room that Claudia booked to be open. I think having Claudia as one of my best friends really helps me in more ways than one; she has the twins, Abby and Jaden, that I love to watch, and she's a doctor. She's worked in so many different departments at hospitals; Burn Center. Trauma, Psychiatric Ward, Neonatal, Maternity Ward, and Cancer Care. She originally started out as a technician and then a nurse, and finally a doctor. Sounds impossible, I know, but this woman has done basically it all. Which is why she's going to be the one to do my ultrasound. 

When we get into the room, it's just Claudia, Jessica, and I. I laid on the bed and pulled up my shirt to my bra and wince as Claudia puts on that cold, blue-green sticky liquid-cream on my stomach. Claudia then puts the handle to the machine on my stomach over the sticky liquid-cream. She then proceeds to move the handle while looking at the computer screen of the ultrasound machine. I watch as Claudia broke into a huge smile as she watched the screen, "Mel, look!" I switched my eyes to the computer-like screen to see the unmistakable shape of a small baby in the picture shown. 

"Oh my god," I mutter under my breath while I stare at the screen in shock. I watch as the baby inside my womb moves around and kicks, I can't help but laugh as I watch the baby- my baby, move inside me. It is a very surreal feeling. Claudia begins to tell me that I am thirteen weeks pregnant, judging by certain factors my baby shows.This is all so crazy. I went through two periods and I was pregnant, when I asked Claudia about it she just said that it isn't uncommon to get some sort of bleeding around the time women usually get their period while pregnant, it's like they're normal period but usually shorter and lighter which makes a lot of sense. 

Ever since that day a week ago I have been trying to pinpoint the correct time to tell Harry that we were having a baby, but every time I was able to get him alone his new Private Secretary, Jeremiah, sweeps him away. I know Jeremiah means well, however my pregnancy hormones are really starting to make me frustrated as hell. I'm now in my fourteenth week of my pregnancy and when I hit twenty weeks, I'll be going to a different hospital to find out the gender of our baby. Hopefully by then Harry will know. 

Harry seems to be someone completely different now that his mother has passed away. I hardly ever see him now, except at breakfast, dinner, and sometimes when I'm going to bed. There have been many nights that I have gone to sleep without Harry holding me. Not to mention he isn't that fun, spontaneous bartender I met in New York City. Now he's so uptight, and serious. It is literally like there is a stick up his ass. Even at breakfast I feel that I barely see him, and he's at the table across from me! He's always nose deep in all of the newspapers of Central London. At dinner he tries to make conversation with me, I give him credit for that, however if he would at least try to sound interested in the conversation and put that fucking phone down for dinner I would be so happy. 

There has to be a way to rule a country without being basically two faced. I'm terrified to tell him about our baby. I don't know what his reaction is going to be; at first I was fairly certain he would jump with joy and skip around the room like an antelope, however now, there are so many different scenarios on how it would go when I finally tell him I am with child; his child.