Chapter 20

Connor's blistered hands ached, he hacked another strike at the limb he'd dragged to the make-shift camp. 5 days into the journey to Vineville hadn't fazed him, it was easy to walk, make a small camp, than sleep; a rinse and repeat type of traveling. Alex stepped over to the log Connor had dragged over to sit on while he worked on the limb.

"That should be enough wood, thanks Connor."

Connor dropped what he was doing and rubbed his hands together. Chance was striking up a fire, whilst Goat was pouring herbs onto chunks of steak. Connor pulled a little lump of rabbit fur by the unlit fire and waited for his friends to finish their work. His wish came true, and soon the group had a fire going, steaks on the spit, and Lark to tell his funny stories and create the cheery mood Connor had become so accustom to. Connor took a swig of his mead/ale drink and laughed.

--------

"Hey, Hey!! There it is, Vineville!!" Lark announced from ahead.

"Already! Either the folk back there were wrong; or we're amazing at making time!" Connor gasped.

"Haha I'd say both."

Connor dashed around the last curve and skidded to a halt alongside Lark. Vineville was huge, with a massive amount of land dedicated to the town, farm, and in the back a huge castle. They led the group to the gate of the city. The guards gave them no trouble, which came as a surprise to them all since Lark had needed the energy of a werewolf to make the journey, and hadn't bothered to become a human. The city had well placed maps around, for the new folks and tourists. Even with the maps the city was still hard to navigate. Connor found the alchemist's hut on the map, it had very small print near it saying Relica's Hut. Connor memorized the route to get there, than led the group of swordsmen to the hut. As soon as Connor stepped inside he got a whiff of strange odor, mushrooms and herbs he'd never see before.

"What's a group a' savages like yourselves need with me?" The lass at the desk asked.

"Heard you've got a cure for werewolfism," Alex smiled.

"Yea, it'll cost you though. Do ya's know how much people need those these days?"

"How much? Just to say, Lark I ain't paying anything for your useless ass."

"How bout' 25 gold?"

"FUCK ME!!! THAT DAMN EXPENSIVE, I'D RATHER BE A WEREBITCH FOR THE REST OF MY DAMNED LIFE THAN PAY THAT SHITTY BAG OF ASSES FOR A CURE!! HOLY FUCK, WHO EVEN NEEDS MY FAT LAZY ASS ANYWAYS!! DAMN BITCH CALM WITH THE PRICES YOU USLESS FUCKER JUST SHOVE YOURSELF UP AN ASSHOLE AND EAT SHIT MAN I DON'T HAVE THAF KINDA FUCKIG MONEY I JU-" Lark began.

"Shut the fuck up!!" Alex barked after the shock set in, "you want the fucking cure or not?!?"

"Sorry, sorry! I'ze understand it was way too pricy!! Okay how bout' 15 gold than? That's the cheapest I've given it to a customer for," the clerk gulped.

"Y-Yea we'll take it! Sorry for Lark's outburst, sometimes he's a retarded bag of Garfield's shit."

"Hey! Fuck you!"

The clerk handed Alex a bottle of purple mix; it had little chopped pieces of an unknown mushroom floating on the top. Alex gave the mix to Lark, and he chugged it. After he set the phial down, things started to change on him. His long muzzle began to sink into his face, and hair started disappearing. After 30 seconds Lark's transformation came to an end, and he was back to his human form; with blackish brownish hair, mostly brown though, and he was as short as Chance. The clerk shooed them out, to make room for new customers who had entered mid transformation.

"What do we do now?" Lark asked.

"I realized something," Alex began, "We're the last of our guild, so we should keep fighting in their honor, or make a new guild or something. We NEED to get rid of werewolves, vampires, and Breadin, before the human race gets exterminated or becomes food for those beasts."

"I agree, we should name ourselves The Bardainian Saviors!! We'll be so awesome and be like the awesome people who get rid of the monsters and be pen famous!! It'll be so great and we'll be rich oh how I want it to be tru-" Goat exclaimed.

"Goat!! The Bardainian Saviours sounds stupid, we should go with something like Damian's Last Chance!" Alex suggested.

"Personally I like Lark's bitches and fuckboys," Lark yawned.

"I like Lark Go Suck A Dick No One Likes That Name!" Chance murmured.

"You can suck my dick, but unless it's a strap on you're wearing I'll pass."

"You'll suck a strap on?"

"You know it babe!"

"You're a fucking pedophile, go fuck a goat."

"Goat? Nah I'll leave that to Alex."

"Ahem, we were in the middle of picking a name, not bickering about who to fuck," Alex impatiently said.

"I like The Ashen Blades or The Ace Blades something about it just sounds cool," Chance suggested.

"Those sound pretty cool, perhaps somethings like that, for now let's buy an inn room and get fucked up and wasted!!" Goat smiled.

Alex spotted a large sign pointing to a fairly big building; it had nice pretty flowers lined by the door, making, it looks like a welcoming place. The sign read Dirty Drunk Bastards the nice sweet feel drained from the place, but none the less it was still an inn, and Connor had no intention of trying to find their way around the bug city any longer. They stepped inside, and immediately Connor was hit with a wave of liquor smell. The inside was a little dark, with a stage in front and small oil lanterns on either side of it. The bartender spoke no words to them, he simply accepted the coin purse and pointed to a room. The room. Was large, with 2 beds and a couch. Conor took the couch for himself, and set his bag on top of it. Once the other's had satisfied themselves with their bags and such they all walked back into the main room. They were surprised to see the bar was almost full, and on top of the stage was 2 woman wearing extremely revealing clothes. Connor chuckled to himself as he realized the troop had ordered a room at a strip club. Chance's face lit up into red and she excused herself to go back into the room they'd ordered. Lark laughed a little and followed Chance, Connor's mind wandered to why Lark had followed Chance instead of enjoying the strippers, after all this seemed like the type of place he'd like. Alex and Goat chose a spot away from the heat of the crowd and ordered some mead with berries to create a different flavor. Connor sat by his friends and ordered the strongest ale they had on their menu.