Chapter 24

Connor was right, the battle was bloody, gory, and filled with tears and death. It hadn't been long before they reached their destination, and it was a large camp, bigger than any of them had first suspected. Connor had been in the 3rd line of defense, but the plans were trashed as the line of shields and swords fell apart. It turned to pandemonium so quick, blood splashed against Connor's forehead, bringing him to the now. A breadin, a big ass breadin was swinging a tree like it was a guitar plucking braches off in an attempt to make a good sword. Connor saw the tree coming towards him, and with sure feet leaped onto it. He was swung around, desperately gripping on, than the Breadin's hand neared him. It was a disgusting bony hand, that was pale white like snow dripping onto an already barren land. Connor once again abandoned his post on the log and grabbed ahold onto the breadin's hand. He raced up across its arm before it could swiped him off. Than Connor grabbed onto the monster's disgusting grease filled matted hair and swung around the back of his neck, dragging his blade along the breadin's neck, slicing a deep wound into its neck, and than tried to slip onto its shoulder. The beast stumbled a little, he was I immense pain, clutching its neck and dropped the tree. Connor took a quick stab at the beast's heart, than leapt off it to continue with other monsters. He met up with a pale gold werewolf with a devilish grin spread wide across its human wolf mix face. Connor slashed and swiped away, but each time the dancing wolf could dodge his blade and take a swipe at him. Connor was frustrated, he took another stab at the smiling dog, than heard a human like yelp from far away. Connor instinctively looked around, and saw 3 wolves crowded around a knocked down girl. She was a goner, and that was the first. Connor turned back to the golden beast, suddenly seeing it disappear made Connor uneasy. He glanced around, but there was no true trace the wolfman had ever been there.

"Over here pretty boy."

The voice made Connor leap into the air, the light wolf was standing beside him, a smirk playing on its lips. The beast opened its eyes again and prepared to go another round in battle, Connor was dumbfounded, in the millisecond Connor had glanced away the golden wolf had gotten beside him. What confused him more was the fact that the playful dog hadn't killed him when it got the chance.

"Earth to lousy shot child! Earth to always misses little kid!" The werewolf cried again.

Connor looked uneasily at the wolf. He swallowed a ball of spit and stabbed at the wolf, the beast hadn't been expecting a reaction so soon. And Connor hit his target, the thigh of the wolf creature. The golden werewolf howled in pain, and danced back.

"You idiot asshole," It barked, "Owwww ithurtsithurtsithurstithurts!!"

Connor grunted and pushed the werewolf with the tip of his sword, snapping the ferocious half human back to reality, "I'll make you regret that you fucking baby."

Connor made another slash at the wolfman's other thigh, but it raced back, and than for the first time attacked. He leapt forward, teeth bared, and bit hard onto Connor's shoulder. It burned, like nothing before, it felt like death itself had wrapped a million fingers onto Connor and would not let go.

"Ewww, if I was still human his would be sexual!" The wolf suddenly barked, leaping back, "And I mean, I'm still part human."

Connor fell to the dirt gripping his shoulder, he looked up around him, hungry eyes lurked all around, waiting to swallow him up. Connor tried to get up, he almost fell back down, but he made it. He searched around for his sword and when he couldn't find it he looked up at the golden werewolf, who had a playful smirk wrapped on its lips, and a sword twirling in its hand.

"Looking for this, short stuff?" The wolf asked, come and get it.

Connor gulped and stared at his sword, with one arm rested on his injured shoulder he inched forwards. And the wolf danced back. He stepped forwards again. And the wolf danced back.

"Give me that," Connor demanded.

"Come and it, little child," His smirk grew further.

Connor looked around for options, nothing, no fallen swords, no disregarded axes, absolutely nothing.

"Damn you," Connor grunted, stepping forwards.

The golden wolf looked offended, "That was rude," He simply stated, "Maybe I don't wanna give it away anymore."

Connor had been so focused, so focused on defeating the golden werewolf he hadn't realized what was happening around him. Death. Death and defeat. Than, as one more scream echoed around the clearing, Connor realized something, he forgot, the number one rule of group fighting, make sure to help out your teammates. And as he looked around the clearing of bodies, he suddenly knew the golden wolf's trick. To distract, to distract Connor from around him, to distract him from his gruesome reality. It clicked, the strongest fighters he'd seen, they all had been fighting the very same golden dog, and than they fell, and so the link was broken and weaker warriors exposed. And Connor had been the last of this trick, as he looked back to the golden wolf, he saw the same werewolf, the same sneaky bastard that had tricked him into the death of his group, except this time, it was human. Taken shape in human form. She had long brown locks that tumbled to her mid back, and piercing golden eyes, with the same smile.

"Poor pretty boy, all his friends are dead."

----------------------------------------------------------------

That's right my good friends, as all nice things come to an end, so does this book. I'm ending it here, but don't worry, I'll be back, with book 2 or The Broken Kingdom. And to those who read all the way to the end, con fucking grats cause this was the slowest moving piece of shit I've ever written (not that I've written much books of course) I'll definitely be editing parts of this book to get a little faster pace you know, so much useless scenes and stuff. Anyways book 2 will be out in November, or December.