3: birthday and memories

Harry was sat in his room when the door opened. Alan stood there and Harry's heart dropped when he noticed he was drunk. He could tell by the way Alan swayed slightly on his feet.

Harry put down his book as Alan walked over and sat down on the bed. It was silent for a moment and Harry was about to ask what was going on but Alan interrupted him.

"You're a good kid Haz." He said and Harry tilted his head in confusion. He tensed when Alan placed a hand on Harry's thigh. Harry stared at it for a moment but Alan only rubbed the area.

"You have your curls out." He said and Harry nodded. He usually had his hair down when he wasn't in public or at school. For some reason Alan hated when he let his hair down in public. At one point he wanted Harry to wear contacts then his eyes naturally switched from blue to green and he didn't care so much anymore.

"W-Why don't you like them?" Harry asked hesitantly. Alan squeezed his thigh which would most likely leave a bruise. Alan turned his angry hazel eyes on Harry and looked him up and down.

"They are ugly. No one likes them. They make you look stupid and girly." He snapped and Harry looked down. He secretly liked his curls. The curls made him feel pretty. It's sounded girly but it was true. Sadly though, he was terrified to admit it.

"Get dressed. You need to go to the store to get some groceries. Money is on the counter. I'll be back in a week." Alan growled then left the room. Harry let out a small breath and rubbed his now sore thigh.

It wasn't rare that Alan would just leave for weeks or even months at a time. Harry would stay mostly for school so he didn't really mind. He never actually knew what Alan did anyways.

He got up and walked to the kitchen he grabbed the money off the counter and looked at the calendar by the stove. A small smile grew on his face as he saw the date.

February 1st

He left the house and made his way to the store. He was wearing sweatpants, a grey v-neck, and a pair of black converse with a black beanie.

He walked through the isles and grabbed things that he would need to eat and he also grabbed a chocolate bar.

When he got back to the house he put everything away and checked to see if Alan was there but he had already left. Harry just shrugged his shoulders and went back up to his room.

**

"Hey Harry!" Louis giggled as he took a seat next to Harry in the courtyard. Harry wore a white button up and black skinnies with white converse. His hair was in a quiff but it was slightly curly.

"You're dressing different I see." Niall joked as the others sat down. Harry blushed and shrugged his shoulders. "My guardians not home so I don't have to wear those god awful clothes this week."

"Why don't you live with your parents?" Liam asked before he could stop himself and Harry looked down for a moment. Zayn elbowed Liam in the ribs and the other boy yelped in pain.

"Um I don't remember but when I was twelve my parents left me. I was found on a street corner and my care taker Alan took me in. I don't have any memory of it or anything before that though. I don't know why. I'm starting to get my memory back though." Harry explained and the others were silent for a moment.

"Wait so your home alone for an entire week?" Zayn asked and Harry nodded. "Is that even legal? I mean he found you on like a corner. He probably would have to talk to like adoption agencies or something or else that's kinda like kidnapping." He explained and Harry shrugged. He doesn't get the legal system.