Chapter 12!!

(SORRY GUYS IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE UPDATED THIS!!! Roni_524 This is the moment you've been waiting for.....I think 😂😂. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to write this!! Love you broooo!!)

------------------------------------------------------

The argument made Akira think back on why Takanori's father was the way he was. He thought Takanori was old enough to make his own decisions. Yeah, taking drugs and getting high is a bad decision, but the fact that Takanori is gay shouldn't be such a bad decision, judging the fact that Takanori is 17.

Akira and Kato were taking a stroll to someplace else, someplace other than that hell hole where Takanori's father is. Akira took a deep sigh and stuffed his veiny, strong hands in his pocket of his gray cargo shorts. "You know...your father is an idiot...i don't understand why your mum married him." Akira mumbled and rolled his eyes.

Kato chuckled lightly and shook his head, "Me neither. Man, how can you stand up to an adult like that? I kinda got scared for you."

"Why scared?" Akira looked at Kato who had a smirk on his face.

"He's my father. Everyone is scared of him. I didn't expect to hear what came from you, but shit. He needed to hear that from someone like you." Kato ran his hand through his hair. Akira nodded to himself.

"Yeah. He needs someone to talk him back to his senses. He has such a thick skull. Who can tolerate his ignorance?" Akira sighed deeply and looked up at the sky. The sky was partially clear, with little bit of pillow like clouds moving over the bright, yellow sun. Akira's eyes were squinting as he looked up.

"I can't tolerate it. Neither can mum." Kato responded and spit onto the street. Akira laughed a bit at that sight. It was disgusting, but it's what boys do.

"Has he ever hurt your mum?"

"Yes. Dozens of times, but not to the point where like...I don't know. But he's verbally abusive to her. He's so discreet about it, you wouldn't even notice that he's hurt her." Kato crossed his arms over his chest and looked ahead at where they're walking.

"That's sad. So tell me, what are some happy memories of Taka you can think of?" Akira asked with a smirk.

"There's quite a few I guess. Him vomiting on me when he was a baby, me playing and comforting him whenever he got a beating from dad, which was all the time. Taka hasn't really done anything wrong...just, my father...he's abusive to him and he tried to 'get in bed' with him whenever he was drunk, but I fought dad to try to keep him away from Takanori. Takanori used to always jump on my bed, jump on me, play fighting with me. All that brotherly brother stuff, you know?" Kato said with a small smile at his last sentence. Akira sighed and frowned a bit. Takanori has been through so much. He started to think about those times Takanori would come crying to him.

"A-Aki-chan...." Takanori teared and tried wiping the tears from his eyes as he ran out of the house. Akira was sitting on the porch, throwing a ball until he saw his friend sobbing.

"Taka? What's wrong?" Akira asked and had Takanori sit beside him, and embraced him in a hug.

"My dad hurt me again...he called me a useless brat and a faggot...I didn't do anything wrong. I only dropped his cup of his grown up juice when I fell on the floor. He hit me hard on my bottom and my leg with a belt." He sobbed. Akira looked sorrowfully at Takanori and hugged him tighter.

"Don't worry Takanori. You can always come to stay with me and my mom whenever you like." Akira said and rubbed Takanori's hair. Takanori calmed down in Akira's small hold.