Chapter 19

Em cleaned herself up once the crying and kissing stopped. I told her it wasn't necessary. I mean, the woman looked beautiful no matter what. But she didn't want to alarm the kids and to be honest, I didn't either.

Noah and Lucy came back with Niall an hour later. Niall was obviously confused as to why I'd cut out so quickly. I'm sure he was also questioning what was so important that I'd miss Lucy's practice. But he didn't ask. And I knew he wouldn't. He left after saying goodbye to us and the kids, leaving us to our day as a family.

And that's what we were, all day. We stayed inside her house. Lucy and I finger painted in the kitchen while Noah motored around the house in his baby walker. Emily joined in on the finger painting once she finished some things she had to get done.

We made the kids lunch together, both of us smiling and blushing whenever one of us "accidentally" ran into the other, knowing full well it was just an excuse to touch each other.

I was like a giddy 15 year old boy who'd been told my crush liked me back. Though I could still feel some apprehension from her, it wasn't the kind that kept her from me anymore.

I felt like a man on death row who had gotten a last minute reprieve. Though I had no idea what being on death row felt like.

After dinner, we all piled onto the couch and watched a cheesy 80s movie on the telly before Lucy and Noah both sacked out. And as per usual, she took Noah to his room and I took Lucy to her room. When we passed each other in the hall while walking to the other child's room to say goodnight, I reached out to tickle her. She quietly shrieked and moved away, holding her hand up,

"Don't you even." She warned, keeping her eyes on me as she disappeared inside Lucy's room.

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I looked down at my baby boy, asleep in his crib. I reached down to put my hand on top of his head, feeling the warmth from his head surround my hand. This little boy was everything I hoped he'd be. While Lucy had her mother's fire, Noah had my calm.

I stared down at him for a few minutes longer when I heard her behind me,

"Hey..." She called out softly to get my attention, "You alright?"

I nodded, kissing my fingers and touching them to Noah's cheek,

"Yeah. Just sayin' goodnight."

She waited for me in the doorway. I followed her back into the living room and sat down on the couch with her.

I wanted to confess. Which sounded odd, considering she knew everything. But I felt an intense need to tell her I was sorry. I opened my mouth to start when she took my hand,

"Will you stay tonight?" She asked softly.

Every thought that was in my head melted away. I was positive I hadn't heard that right. Positive that I was dreaming. Positive that she was going to think twice and take it back.

Her smile faded slowly when I didn't answer,

"Harry?"

"Yes!" I said a little louder and more eagerly than I'd wanted to. I calmed down, "Sorry." I cleared my throat, "Yes, I will if you want me to."

Her smile returned. We got up from the couch, she kept her hand in mine, setting our clasped hands on her shoulder as she twisted around to walk to her bedroom.

I waited for her by the side of the bed as she closed the door and turned off the lights. She pulled the covers back and got in, turning to look at me when I still hadn't moved. She quirked a brow,