Epilogue

"Do you have it?"

"Yes I have it."

"Don't lose it."

"Am I an idiot?"

"You want me to answer that?"

Niall sighed and shook his head as he looked down at Noah,

"Your father is nervous."

Noah looked up at him and smiled. I turned around to look at Niall,

"Don't fill my son's head with lies. I'm not nervous."

I watched him look down at Noah and nod, mouthing the words "he's nervous". Noah giggled,

"Daddy, are you scared?" He asked.

I turned around to look at my six year old son and shook my head,

"I am not. Daddy's don't get scared." Niall snorted and I shot him a look, "Would you go make sure my girls are handled and leave me alone with my sons?"

It took me five years. Five years to get Emily to agree to marry me. Five years to prove to her that I was ready, that we were ready. She hemmed and hawed over it, asserting that we had tried this twice before and it hadn't worked out. But I had logic on my side. Yes, we'd tried this twice...but the third time's the charm.

She agreed, under one condition. We would do this without any fan fare (I hardly needed to be convinced of this. It's not like I was about to call People magazine and do a photoshoot) and that the only people invited would be my parents, Gemma, her parents, Niall, Jessica, Liam and Louis and that was it.

That hardly seemed like a tough request. I was actually going to suggest the same thing. We agreed on a date, decorated the back yard and called a local eatery to make some food. My mother insisted on making the cake.

And in exactly 30 minutes, I was going to finally give Emily my last name.

I could not wait.

Niall stood up slowly,

"Your girls. Harry Styles is a sexist jerk." Niall kidded as he walked out of the room.

"Daddy what's sexist mean?"

I sighed,

"A sexist is a man who thinks women are beneath him." I explained, laughing as both boys leaned over to look under their chairs.

That question came from Kesse.

In the last five years, Noah and Lucy had been joined by Kesse, Tommy and Izzy rounded us out. Kesse was almost six, Tommy was 3 and Izzy was just under a year. Each had their own story of how they'd become part of our clan.

I'd met Kesse on a return trip to Ghana with the Boys. His mother had been killed by her husband for trying to flee with Kesse after he was born. I had never seen someone with eyes as deeply brown as his were. He was three years old when I first saw him. The orphanage said he hadn't spoken a single word since he'd been brought there. When I sat down next to him in the dirt and got to work helping him to understand the Legos he'd been handed, he looked up at me, put his hand to my cheek and said, "Me dor wo" which was "I love you" in his native language. When we came home, I couldn't get him out of my mind. And three months later, Emily and I returned. We adopted him six months later and he'd been with us ever since.

Tommy joined us unexpectedly as well. Emily and I were never big on using protection. I've been very clear with my intentions regarding how big our family became. I didn't care. If we kept having children, it would have been fine by me. So when Emily became pregnant with Tommy after a particularly interesting evening while on holiday in Monaco, I couldn't have been happier. Interesting why, you ask? We were both drunk. Very drunk. So drunk that it's a shock to both of us how sex even happened. But it did. And Thomas Desmond Styles was the result.