Chapter1

Imani POV
I dragged my red suitcases along the concrete floor. I stopped outside the apartment and looked down at the paper.

"B3.." I twisted my mouth.

I pressed the number 3 and waited for a response.

"Yeah erm..This is Imani Wright. The new girl that needs an apartment." I spoke through the intercom.

There was no response but the person let me in. I dragged the suitcases to the lift and it took me to the 2nd floor.

I went to the door that said 'B3' and knocked on it gently.

A boy opened the door and could I say, he was real cute! He had the word fine all over him from head to toe.

He had a curly high top and was looking real cute. He was a light skin.

 He was a light skin

"Erm..did you hear what I said?" He spoke.

"W-what? I mean erm..no I didn't. sorry.." I looked down.

"I said, I'm Rome Johnson and welcome to the apartment." He let me through.

He helped me out with my suitcase and placed it in the living room.

"Do you live with anybody else?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, my boy James, his girl Sam and you." We walked down the hall.

"This is your room." He opened the door.

"Your bathroom is here and there's your closet is in that room." He pointed at the doors.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I put my purse down and walked out of my room.

"The kitchen is here and the living room is across it." He semi-smiled.

"What did you say your name was again?" I asked.

"Rome, Rome Johnson." He smiled.

Rome POV
Imani, Imani Wright. Cute name for a cute girl. She's really cute and I'm happy she's the new girl that's going to be living here.

I was watching Tv when I heard her unpacking her stuff. I decided to go and talk to her so I could get to know her.

"Can I come in?" I said after knocking on the door.

"Sure." She said.

I came in and she was unpacking. She looked half Mexican and half black American.

"Seeing as your gonna be living here, let's get to know each other." I sat down on a chair.

"Okay." She sat on her bed.

"So, how comes you decided on moving here?" I started.

"My daddy got a new job here in Cali. I'm originally from Atlanta." She responded.