Chapter9

2 MONTHS LATER
Rome POV
It's been two months now since Amara has been staying with me. She's going home today but I don't want her to leave.

"You erm..you ready?" I asked Amara.

"Yes.." She nodded.

The doorbell rang and I opened it. It was only Kellica.

 It was only Kellica

"Mhm.." She rolled her eyes at me.

"She's got her stuff already packed." I held back my tears.

"She can come back." Kellica shrugged.

Amara dragged her backpack outside to her mother.

"Ay, pick that up." I told her.

I bent down to her level and spoke to her.

"Don't cry or you'll make me cry mane." I laughed as I dried her tears.

"I don't wanna go, I luv you." She hugged my neck.

"I love you too baby girl." I kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry. You can come back to visit me." I let go of her.

Imani came outside and said her goodbye.

"I made you guys some macaroni cheese and chicken maybe she'll get hungry on the..way." She handed Kellica the container full of food.

"Thanks but we don't need it." She threw it in the rubbish bin outside.

Imani rolled her eyes and went back in.

"Bye bye daddy." Amara waved.

"Bye baby." I waved.

I watched them get into the elevator then I closed the door. I threw myself onto the couch and Imani came beside me and cuddled me.

"Don't worry, she'll be back." She rubbed my arms.

"Yeah..".

Imani POV
Rome watching Amara leave was kinda sad. It made me emotional too because it was just what would happen to me if my dad would go on business trips out of the country for a couple of months.

I cooked some macaroni cheese and chicken for both Rome and I and handed him his plate.

"I'm not hungry." He sighed.

"I know you are. It's your emotions talking." I sat down opposite him.

"Now eat up. You've got ball tomorrow and I don't want you feeling weak." I told him.

He picked up his fork and started eating. He even finished his food. I took his plate and mine to the sink so I can wash it.

I decided to head out to the mall today, maybe some shopping would do. I went to my room and put my shoes on and grabbed my purse.