Chapter15

Imani POV
I woke up in the guest room. I could hear some breakfast calling my name. My stomach was rumbling so I sat up and rubbed eyes.

I stood up and yawned as I walked out of the room. I walked to the guest bathroom and brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth and face with water.

I walked down the steps to the kitchen and found him cooking.

"Morning." He spoke.

I was currently in you know.. Darrel's house but only for today because nobody was home. I feel like it's the wrong thing to do.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah, I guess." I sniffed.

"You crying?" He looked back at me.

"No, just sniffing. I've got a headache and my eyes are still red and puffy from crying last night.".

"You finished all my tissues." He joked.

"Whatever." I laughed.

Once he had finished cooking, he gave me my plate at the island.

"Mhm..this is..so good." I said as I ate.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"Where did you learn how to cook like this?" I asked.

"I dunno, my mother maybe.".

"Well, it's very good.".
.........
I was walking down the hallway with Sam when we saw Rome. All we done was walk past each other and by even look at each other.

"Ookay?" Sam said.

"I'm confused here. Are y'all talking?" Sam pointed between us.

"Nope. He thinks I'm cheating." I rolled my eyes.

"With?".

"Remember that dude that helped you in the car the night we went out to the club with Samira?".

"N-oo..".

"You were drunk.".

"But yeah, him. I'm staying with him but I'm not sure if it's right." I looked down.

"You damn right! It's not right at all, especially if it's the guy that Rome thinks your cheating on him with." Sam told me.

Maybe she's right.

"Well, who cares? Rome doesn't, I just know it." I shrugged.

I'm not gonna think about the whole situation with Rome, I'm just gonna enjoy my day.

Rome POV
"Where Mani-?".

"Amara, for the last time, I told you she ain't here!" I got angry.

She looked at me with those big eyes and ran to her room with me chasing after her.

"Amara! Amar-".

She shut the door. I feel bad for her, I really do. Especially because she loves Imani.

I don't know what I'm gonna do if Amara keeps on asking about, you know who.

Imani POV
"I'm home!" I said.

I walked to the kitchen but didn't find anyone. I then went to every other room but didn't find him either. I heard some music coming from a room so I went ahead to see who it was.

I opened the door and saw Darrel working out in his gym.

"Wassup?" He said once he saw me.

"Hey, I just heard some music so I figured out if come and check who it was." I said.