Chapter5

Imani POV
I was at the mall by myself. I needed my nails done. Sam was supposed to come but she left me hanging, boyfriend drama.

I was walking to the nail shop when a familiar girl stopped in my tracks.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Erm..hi?" I furrowed my brows.

"I'm Tia, the girl in Rome's class." She introduced herself.

"Tia, Tia. The one that went out with James long time ago." I tried to remember her name.

"Oh, nice meet you." I put my hand out.

"I don't like playing friendly. I like playing mean! Don't go near my man and I'm talking about Rome! Watch..your..back!" She squeezed my hand.

I shook my hand and wriggled my fingers. She squeezed them pretty hard. It hurt pretty bad. I shook it off and went to do my nails.

I was told she was crazy but I didn't know that she was that crazy!

Should I tell Rome or keep it to myself?

LATER
I was watching some cartoons with Amara and Rome. He was in the kitchen making popcorn but he came in.

"Here you go." He put it in front of us on the table.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I was going to get the remote to turn up the volume when he stopped me.

"What's that on your hand?" He looked at it.

"What?" I asked confusingly.

I looked down at my hand and saw the mark that Tia made. My skin is sensitive and can leave marks.

"This Imani." He showed me.

"O-oh, pfff, that's nothing." I tried to hide my lie by laughing.

"I'm not dumb Imani! What happened?" He looked at me serious.

"Fine..Tia saw me at the mall and told me to stay away from you then she squeezed my hand." I sighed.

"That bitch is crazy.." He mumbled.

"Stay here, don't move." He stood up.

"Wait, where are you going?!" I stood up after him.

"Don't worry." He put his jacket on.

"No please don't go. Just stop!" I tried stopping him.

He put his shoes on and was about to open the front door.

"Stop! She's not worth it. I don't want you fighting just because of me.." I tried to catch my breath.

"But if she messes around, I'm going to talk to her." He smacked his teeth.

I know 'talk' meant something else.

NEXT DAY
Rome POV
That Tia bitch is crazy. She literally left a mark on Imani's hand. I don't care what Imani says. I'm gonna handle her either way, she's gonna leave us or I get rid of her.

I was at basketball practise and someone was watching. Luckily, practise was over. I chased the person down the corridor and caught him or her.

I took off their hood and it was some younger.

"Why the fuck you watching me for?" I asked her.

"Someone told me to." She got scared.

"Who?".