Chapter6

Imani POV
1 WEEK LATER
It's been 1 week since the incident and Amara still hasn't come out yet. She's up but she's feeling weak and the hospital thinks that she should stay with them because Rome and I both have jobs and class.

I was walking to Rome's car because he had just finished basketball and I just finished track.

"Hey." I said once I got into the car.

"Sup?" He sighed.

"I'm good, you?" I put my seatbelt on.

"I just want my little girl to come home." He looked at me.

"She's coming out tomorrow so you'll be fine. Plus you haven't got work or class tomorrow so you've got the whole day." I rubbed his arm.

"I can't do it alone!" He started the car.

"Don't worry I'll be there, I only have 1 class tomorrow." I laughed.

"Okay." He smiled.
.........
I was at the hospital talking with Amara. She had her physio today because she can't really use her other arm.

It was going on 9 and I ought to go home. I was talking to her when her mother came busting through the door.

"Oh Amara!" She came with her arms out.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"How are you?" She gave Amara kisses.

"Stay away from her." I simply said.

"Excuse you?" She looked at me.

"I said stay away from her. You couldn't be here the day she got shot and the days onwards but you decide to show up now?" I spoke.

"What do mean? I was off away on busine-".

"Business? Seriously, you call sitting at home business? I don't think Rome will be okay with you being here after what you done to your own daughter." I crossed my arms.

"Bitch, who do you think you are?" She came closer to me.

"I haven't got time to be wasting it on people like you." I rolled my eyes and walked beside Amara.

Just then, Rome walked in.

"Rome I-" Kellica spoke.

"Get out." He said.

"Get the fuck out now!" He shouted.

I covered Amara's ears when he cursed. She walked out and looked back at us then walked out.

"You good? He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled.

NEXT DAY
Rome POV
Today is the day that my little princess comes out. She's so excited and I had just picked her up.

"You okay?" I carried her to her car seat.

She just nodded.

"Where Mani?" She asked.

"She's at class but she's finished so we're going to pick her up." I said as I buckled my seatbelt.