Wake up De'Andre!

Dre's P.O.V

I been sitting in this holding cell and all I could think about was my family and how I hurt them by being stupid. I know Angel prob crying his eyes out and the boys are prob no different. I know my Gramps gonna cuss me the hell out and he gots all right to cuz if I had just listened to bae and just stay put and not be no street thug nigga.

"Yo De'Andre Matthews you have a visitor, your husband is here to see you. Boy I gotta say you is hella stupid to get yourself in here and have such a beautiful family out there." I was feeling so shamed by what this older cop said because he was right.

"Son look at me!" he said cuz I was hanging my head and when I picked it up he was standing right at my cell and told me to come closer to the bar. When I walked up there he took my hand and looked me in the eye

"I know you know that you messed up but guess what? You still gotta think positive. I spoke to your husband and that boy loves you more than anything. I just gotta come out and say this because I done seen too much young black folks up in these places throughout my years as a cop. De'Andre quit being on the streets! I am not saying you gotta start acting like a suburban husband 24/7 but, you gotta make a choice man. Do you wanna continue putting yourself husband and your three sons through hurt or do you wanna be the dad to them boys that you never had and a good husband to Angelo? Wake up De'Andre!" He was rubbing my shoulder and I was crying because apart from my Gramps who raised me, I ain't never had a father figure in my life and this cop who look like he could be my dad was talking to me like a father should to his son.

He told me his shift ends but if I needed anything at all I should tell his buddy officer Sager to give him a call. When he left I was thinking about all he said and that is when it all hit me. I could go to jail and not get to see my boys graduate from kindergarten and from high school. I might not get to see Gabe go off to college and Milio and Bent starting high school and college as well. I might lose the love of my life to another man. I was so deep in thoughts while waiting for the visiting hours to start so I could see Angel until I finally fell asleep.

I woke up to officer Sager telling me I had visitors and when I looked I saw my baby. He looked tired as if he hadn't slept in days and is eyes were all red from crying.

"Bae come here" I said and he walked over to my cell and I just held on to him as best as the bars would allow.

"Baby please tell me you ain't sittin' at home crying before the boys?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Dre it is hard knowing you are in here. I begged you to quit this street thug life Dre but you just never listen to me." he whispered back in my ear.

"Angel I got a reality check from the cop you talked to earlier today and trust me I know I have messed up bad this time and I know I may lose the most important thing to me. My family! I just don't want you to be feeling and looking like this. We are gonna fight this and bae I need you! Your man needs you aight?" I said as he nodded.

"Now gimmie a kiss cuz a nigga be missin' them sexy lips." I told him and he blushed and kissed me. We were so into it that I completely forgot my brother, Gramps, Rambo, Richard and this man dressed in a suit was there until I heard someone cough.

"Hey guys wassup?" I asked with my head down as I could not look at my brother and grandfather. Gramps came over and held my hand that was hanging through the bars.

"De'Andre I am not happy with you but I love you like I love my own son even though he left you as a kid. I am here for you and so is your brother." he said and he was crying and that did it for me and Trell. He looked just as bad as Angel and I could tell he was scared as shit that he was gonna lose his big brother.

"Dre if you leave me I won't make it bro" he whispered and I knew he didn't want them seeing him all soft and shit.

"Trell you are my baby brother and nigga even though you twenty-one you is still my baby brother and I love you. Now I need your strength and your help to look out for mines. Think you can do that?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Dre we have Mr. Warren here who will be your attorney for you case in the morning so let us get to cracking" Richard said and called the officer over who took us to a room to talk. I spent the next five hours going over everything with my attorney and Richard. I had things set in place just in case we got caught but only Rambo knows about it cuz we were in it together. Rambo already took care of shit on that end, the cars that we steal don't go directly to my mechanic shop cuz we had a garage that we took em to where worked on em and sold em.

"Yo Dre I got you bro! They ain't gonna find shit there cuz we do our mechanic shop legit and shit so I ain't even worried." When he said that I knew that I had one less charge to worry about cuz if Rambo said it was done then I know that nigga did it.

As for the weed, I ain't never sold shit and the boys that sell for me so I knew they had nothing there as well. I had to worry about the fact that I did beat the shit out of him but only after he hit me first. Mr. Warren was confident that we would beat this but he said we will get challenged with the fight cuz I did a number on the dude.

I was taken back to my cell and all the guys had left except Rambo who wanted to tell me that he got his homeboy who works for the prick that tried ending my life. He said his boy was helping him to set up the guy who is called Ricky; I guess the guy in Gabe's class is Ricky Jr. then. He said they will go thru with it after my case in the morning. He hugged me goodbye and told me that we will beat this so just get some sleep and think positive.

I was laying on my cot when I heard footsteps at my cell and I turned and saw that it was the officer from this morning.

"Hey son how is it going? I see you have a little smile on your face and I bet it was because of the cute husband of yours that I saw leaving a few minutes ago." He smiled at me and that made me blush and a nigga ain't one to blush.

"Yeah my baby came through to see me and my brother and his boyfriend came along with my gramps and father-in-law and lawyer. Hey officer you never even told me your name man"

"I knew it had to be him and my name is Robert Ross" he responded.

"Cool, nice to meet you Mr. Ross and thanks for being there man and giving me that talk this morning. I really needed to hear those words and it made me wake up to what I need to do. Never had a dad so it made me feel some kinda way knowing that there are good guys out there who really care." I told him honestly.

"Well I lost my son a few years back to the streets and I always said that maybe if I wasn't so focused on being a cop and paid more attention to him he would still be here. After that, I just decided to help as much young folks I could that I see coming in here especially those I can see are from good families."

"That is really noble of you sir and I will listen to your wise words and maybe if I get out of here you we can go out for drinks after your shift." I chuckled and he smiled.

"We will De'Andre, now go get some shut eye for tomorrow and son, I wish you all the best and I will see you in a few hours. Good night." he smiled at me and then left to go back to his duties.

I quickly said a silent prayer for my family and for strength to deal with tomorrow.

Okie dokes guys that is it for the 26th chapter and I hope you like it. Please not a nigga ain't never been arrested so I am not too keen on what the process is like but who the fuck cares anyway it is just a story right? Or is it? lol. Remember to Vote and Comment. Next chapter coming soon and please hold on for the major spoiler that is to come so please don't kill me for it.

Nuff Love!

.