Chapter 5

"Erin! What are you doing here? How did you know where I would be?" He asked me confused.

I quickly stood up and met him at the side of the table.

  "I didn't know that you were meeting your boss here. I just met with......."

Derrin quickly cut me off and locked eyes with Prince.

  "I'm sorry sir. I had no idea my cousin knew about this meeting.

Hold the hell up! This isn't happening right now! This day is getting better and better!

  "This is your boss!?!?! You work for Prince?????? Derrin why didn't you tell me?"

  "Because I didn't want you to blow it that's why." He said. "But now I think you have."

Prince looked at me and smiled at Derrin.

  "I can assure you that she knew nothing about this meeting. I invited her to have tea with me while I waited for you. You are rather early. I can see you would be a great intern in Minnesota."

  "Thank you sir. And please forgive me for my outburst. I was just thrown off guard that my cousin was here. Derrin said with a sigh of relief.

  "It's no problem. She's great company. Very funny too! Little miss is quite the character. So Derrin the job as my touring assistant is yours for next year but for now would you like to also help me at my home before you go home?"

  "It would be an honor sir. Thank you!" He said.

Derrin's face lit up like a kid at Christmas. He was excited to be working for this 5 foot Dynamo! I was happy for him and glad that I came on this trip. I can't believe it! I actually met him! I met Prince on the street! Prince and Derrin shook hands.

  "Derrin I will need you in 3 days at paisley park. Is that cool?"

  "That's fine boss. I'm available to fly out as soon as possible." He said.

  "Sounds good." Prince nodded and took the bottled water off the table. He pushed in the chair and headed towards the cafe exit door. I was expecting him to clap his hands and just poof disappear in a cloud of purple smoke but he just walked out the door. I looked up at Derrin with the biggest smile on my face.

  "I cant believe that you are working with Prince!" I said jumping up and down.

  "Calm down kid. Your fangirl is showing!" Derrin said with a smile on his face.

He was just as excited as I was if not more.

  "I'm glad I took this trip with you. Now it's not as bad of a vacation after all!"

  "I told you I would make sure you have a good time cousin. All you had to do was trust me." Derrin said.

I gave him the biggest hug and squeezed him tight.

  "You are the best cousin ever!" I said

  "Yah I know now get off your doing that thing again!"

  "What thing?"

  "That mushy hugging squeak in your voice when you get excited about something."

  "Only because I love you!"

  "Go back to the hotel and change we got tickets to dave's show tonight!"

I let Derrin go and ran out of the cafe.

  "Don't be late kid!" He shouted as I left out.

As I got closer to the hotel I heard a voice behind me say "slow down before you run into someone else little miss."